“Proactively alerting our users that severe weather is in their forecast is very important to us,” said Pascal Racheneur, AccuWeather Vice President of Interactive Media. “Pushed severe weather alerts are another way that we can give you immediate access to your local and up-to-date weather conditions. In addition to pushed severe weather alerts, we added lifestyle forecasts – special weather forecasts for specific hobbies or activities such as, travel and sports, and forecasts that impact specific health conditions, such as asthma and migraines.”
- Accurate and local forecasts for locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts have detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night forecasts and information for the next 15 days – all in 27 languages.
- Current weather conditions with location name and time, temperature, humidity percentages, visibility, pressure, dew point, precipitation type and amounts, UV index, wind speed and wind gust speed, AM and PM times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® – AccuWeather’s proprietary weather forecasting system that takes into account multiple weather factors to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature, depending on these conditions.
- Day and night forecasts with high and low temperatures, precipitation type and amount, wind speed and wind gust speed, and RealFeel®.
- For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms, an orange exclamation point is displayed within the location’s current and 15-day screens.
- Sharing function that allows users to share the current, hourly, 15-day forecast, or forecast detail view using the social media applications they installed on their phone.
- Weather display options with animated radar for the United States and Canada, satellite and interactive GoogleMaps™ for locations worldwide, and updated broadcast-quality weather videos.
- Customizable color themes.
Follow Us on our Channels: