Smartphones have a lot of uses. You can use them to send emails, organize your schedule, take pictures, record videos, send and receive faxes, get directions through GPS, connect with your friends through social media, listen to music, and many others. Aside from these, there’s another thing about smartphones that people have come to love dearly: smartphones can make themselves useful in the kitchen.
With the right apps installed, your smartphone can easily become your best kitchen buddy. If you are just learning to cook and need a bit of guidance, kitchen apps can make your learning process fun. And if you’re the type who loves to entertain guests in your home, you will love the countless ideas for the best appetizers, drink mixes, and desserts that these apps can give. Here’s a look at three popular kitchen apps that you can install in your phone.
- Fooducate Healthy Food Diet: It was released in December 2011 and boasts of about 5 million installations. It has very practical uses, from buying groceries to preparing meals. You can, for instance, scan the barcode of an item that you want to buy in the grocery using your phone’s camera, and Fooducate will give you details about it. The app informs you if the food item has any unwanted chemicals so you don’t have to go through the ingredient list one by one. Aside from this, it offers alternative products that are healthier. The app was created by the joint effort of concerned parents and dieticians who want to help people have a healthy diet. Fooducate advises people regarding harmful food content that manufacturers often try to hide, such as preservatives, trans fats, too much sugar, too much salt, and others. It also gives the correct calorie count for each serving. With the information that Fooducate provides, those who want to lose weight can do so without having to starve themselves; they can simply choose to eat healthy food. The app has one limitation, though: it only scans barcodes of US food products.
- Cocktail Flow: It is another kitchen app that you will love. With this app, you will learn to prepare cocktails from scratch. It has a feature that helps you to create a bar inventory in its cabinet page. Once you have identified the items in your bar, the app then suggests various drink mixes that you can prepare with whatever you have at home. It also gives suggestions on what you can buy to improve your bar while providing you an estimate of how much it will cost and how many servings you can make. You can also search for a particular recipe that you want to mix and Cocktail Flow will provide a step-by-step guide on how to create it. The app is especially helpful if you are hosting a party or having some friends over for dinner. Well loved by its users, Cocktail Flow has been installed in millions of smartphones and is enjoyed by many.
- If you want to learn how to cook new dishes, Recipe Search is the kitchen app for you. Having 10 million installs, this app has helped so many people to discover new recipes from all over the world. You can search from 150,000 recipes and see what other people have to say about them in the comments section. You can also use the ingredients search feature that gives recommendations of dishes you can prepare based on the ingredients you have. Discover new recipes and share your experience with others in the forums. You may also post your own recipe and get feedback from food lovers from all over the world.
With kitchen apps like these in your smartphone, you will surely find better ways of preparing and enjoying your food. But then again, on those days when you don’t feel like cooking, you can always use your smartphone to call for pizza delivery.
Also checkout best Apps in other categories:
- Best Chatting Apps For Android
- Best Business Apps For Android Devices
- Top 5 Android Apps From The Play Store
Well comment below if you have any other app which is better than this one.