Amid the official release of Android Oreo a week or so ago. Google also had made the source code of its hot baked Android Oreo to the Android Open Source Project(AOSP). Literally, paving way for talented developers to build their own custom Android Oreo based rom. That’s what an open-source OS like Android is all about. Yes, I mean it, today a developer over XDA has now exploited the source code and developed a custom Android Oreo rom for Nexus 6.
We are already aware that, Google had rolled out the Android Oreo update to Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Pixel and Pixel XL. However, for the nearly 3 year old devices such as Nexus 6, the Android Oreo update won’t be on the card. So, this unofficial Android Oreo custom rom ought to make the Nexus 6 users joyous.
Download Android Oreo Custom Rom(S.I.X ROM) For Nexus 6
Before downloading the ROM make sure you have got custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM installed on your recovery partition.
Download S.I.X ROM: Android File Host
Download Oreo G-Apps: Android File Host
How To Flash Android Oreo Custom ROM to Nexus 6
- Move above downloaded .zip ROM files to a relevant location on external SD Card.
- Boot into your custom recovery (TWRP, TouchPhilz, etc)
- Perform a full wipe (external SD Card not needed). Dirty flash could mess up everything, better to perform a full wipe.
- FLASH ROM
- FLASH Gapps.
- Wait for the recovery to finish installation
- Reboot (first reboot may take 10-15 min to finish.)
- You have successfully flashed the ROM!
The S.I.X ROM is developed by a senior member at XDA community and is in its Beta stage. Definitely, it might have too many bugs and the developer itself acknowledges the fact. And it is only applicable for users who have a clear cut idea of flashing. If you are a noob and don’t know much about flashing. Better don’t do this as it may end up your device useless or bricked.
For visting the XDA thread for complete ROM description click on the source link.
Follow Us on our Channels: