The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console by Nintendo. Being capable of displaying stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories, the console is a favorite of most of the children. The 3DS offers plenty of games and are fun to play in. You might have played some of the Nintendo 3DS games on your PC, thanks to the 3DS Emulator known as Citra for PC. In case if you’d like to run 3DS game on your Android device, The Citra 3DS Emulator is available for Android.
The Nintendo 3DS Emulator for Android an (Unofficial) Android frontend for the Citra Emulator. It is an unofficial port for the Citra emulator based on the Dolphin emulator’s Android frontend. The good thing is, it indeed works on most of the Android devices out there. Let’s see how it’s done.
How to Play Nintendo 3DS Games on Android
- Download and install Citra for Android from below given download link.
- Install the CIA 3DS Decryptor on your PC (The tool is used to decrypt the Nintendo Game ROMs)
- Decrypt the Nintendo ROM(.3ds) which you’d like to play using the above-downloaded tool.
- You’ll obtain the Decrypted file and move that to your smartphone
- Now, run the Citra for Android on your smartphone and load the decrypted file.
- That’s it, you’ll be able to play the game.
Note: It’s recommended to obtain the Nintendo ROMs legally before using the tool. We cannot share the Game ROMs over here due to copyright issues, so you should search for it on the Internet how to obtain one.
How to Decrypt?
- Put XXX.cia and XXX.3ds games, DLC & Patch to the folder of the pack, support multi-files.
- Run “Batch CIA 3DS Decryptor.bat”.
- Then wait for it to be finished. (It will take a lot of memory/ram when the files are too big.)
If there are some games not able to decrypt, please put your seeddb.bin in the folder of the pack.
- Citra Emulator for Android. apk: Download
(Don’t forget to grant unknown source installation permission from your device settings.)
- Nintendo CIA/3DS Decryptor for PC: Download
- Android (5.0 Lollipop or higher).
- A processor with support for either ARMv8 or x86-64; 32-bit processors (ARMv7, x86) is not supported by Citra.
- A graphics processor that supports OpenGL ES 3.2 or higher.
It’s pertinent to mention here that, since the app is not officially from the Citra and is in its early stage, it contains some minor bugs and glitches. Following are the known issues that you might encounter while playing games on the Citra Emulator:
- Colors in games (since GLES doesn’t support BGR color order, the color channels may be inverted);
- Since this is based on an older version of Citra, bugs solved on newer versions of Citra may still be present.
That said, hope you’d successfully installed the Citra for Android on your device. In case of any assistance, do let us know in the comments below.