Today Xiaomi literally changed the perspective we’ve had regarding the elite Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 powered devices. Of course, the POCO F1 which was unveiled with all its glory in India at its remarkably cheap pricing, is perhaps a OnePlus inspired OnePlus Killer. Xiaomi even ditched the traditional MIUI attire and had baked a new custom Android UI for the device to deliver fast performance and they call it MIUI for POCO.
Well, we shouldn’t get in more details regarding the POCO F1 as my colleague had already done it earlier in a post. Hence, let’s straight forward enter into our topic. As earlier mentioned, the MIUI for POCO is a new custom skin specially designated for POCO devices. Since it’s new in the business, Xiaomi is in a bid to perfect the skin and has started recruiting Global beta testers for the same.
Yeah, we know the device is yet to hit the shelves and Xiaomi has already kick-started the beta testing. Nonetheless, if you’re interested and want to be a beta tester Xiaomi has provided you time till 12th September. Reminder – the first sale of POCO F1 is on 29th August. As usual with the normal MIUI beta testing, make sure that you fulfill the following requirements laid down by Mi developers team.
Eligibility Criteria – Global beta testers
- Region: All Regions.
- Communication Language: English
- Communication Tool: QQ (It is a must, no other alternative tool)
- Device(s): Poco F1
- Should have Unlocked Bootloader
- You must have device to apply
- Must be using latest MIUI Global Beta ROM
- Should have interest to test and some knowledge about ROMs, Bootloader Unlocking and Flashing MIUI ROMs
- Must be active on the forum
- Willing to discuss with other members of both QQ Beta group and forum
If you’re selected the beta team will send you a Mi forum PM (Private Message) to let you know that you’re selected. Do check your PM on September 15th. Comprehensive details regarding the beta recruitment can be found over at the source link.
MIUI For POCO
Today, when Xiaomi unwrapped the POCO F1 at an event in India, it’s considered by many as an investment to dethrone the OnePlus from its Indian flagship reign. More or less , it seems to be the case. The device is priced around 11K less than the OnePlus 6, but both looks similar in specs sheet as well as design with notch and thin chin-bezel.
Interesting enough, the new MIUI for POCO follows the footprint of OxygenOS with the ethos – stock-like feel with added essential features. Although both the skins differ by lot other means, we consumers now that they’re here to lock horns.
That said, unless we’ve a POCO F1 with the MIUI for POCO running we really can’t say much about the skin. However, as per Xiaomi following improvements are on the table.
MIUI for POCO What’s all New?
- 1. We optimized CPU usage on a very deep level to make the UI super fluid.
- 2. We also removed redundant system animations, so all your interactions with the screen feel smooth and silky now.
- 3. Sound got better too! Now with Dolby support.
- 4. System sounds and ringtones got a massive update as well.
- 1. Camera optimizations allowed us to boost its performance and image quality.
- 2. We revamped the AI functionality.
- 1. Notification shade has a new fresh look now.
- 2. Recents were redesigned from scratch. Switching between apps has never been easier!
- 3. Volume control bar is more visible and convenient now.
- 4. Weather and Clock were also visually refreshed.
So guys, are you looking forward to take home a POCO F1. If yes, what interested you most regarding this high performance/ratio device. We’d be pleased to know in the comment section below.