Bezel less phones are undoubtedly the in-thing in late 2017, and everyone wants a share of the pie. Arguably brought into mainstream with the MI MIX and popularised by the Galaxy S8, these displays allow for a more wide viewing experience on the same hardware that we are used to. And they look cool too. Now, we still have some OEMs left to tick mark on the bezel-less list but they are getting there.
In this list, we take a look at some of these bezel less phones you can buy right now. Bear in mind, when we talk about bezel less phones we mean 18:9 aspect ratio displays as no phone is truly bezel-less right now. Although, now you’ll find more real estate on the top and bottom of the screen. Also, each phone maker has his own twist on the so-called bezel-less design. For example, Samsung has curved displays with the minimal top and bottom bezels. So without further ado, here’s our list of bezel less phones of 2017 in no particular order. Before proceeding you can also check our Best Android Smartphones of the year 2017.
Best Bezel less phones launched
The LG Q6 is the most reliable option for those who want a bezel-less phone on a budget. Although it falls short in terms of horsepower, it makes up for it in terms of looks. The LG Q6 also doesn’t come with a fingerprint sensor. LG has priced the phone as to appeal to the masses. The phone has two other siblings as well, one of which launched in India lately, the LG Q6+. The phone has MIL-standard build a good screen and a good price tag. But the processor is a bit lacking. So, if you are not a heavy gamer, this is a great choice. You can have a glimpse of LG Q6 timeline over here.
- Ram & Storage: 3 GB | 32 GB
- Display: 5.5 Full HD (1080 x 2160)
- Processor: 1.4 GHz, Octa Qualcomm Snapdragon 435
- Operating System: Android Nougat
- Primary Camera: 13 MP
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Battery: 3000 mAH
The Honor 9i is the Huawei’s latest entrant in the Indian market with an 18:9 aspect ratio. It has a 5.9-inch Full HD+ curved display, a great camera and an all-round good spec sheet. However, it lacks fast charging though. It is a bit on the pricier side of the mid-range segment but a warranted price considering the good camera and all round package. If you don’t mind 3+ hours of charging time, and Rs 18,000, this can be for you.Oh and, Honor has promised to honour the Oreo promise on this one. Learn More about the Honor’s latest device.
- 5.9-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 13MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3340mAh battery
Mi MIX 2
The MI MIX 2 needs no introduction for those who know the MI MIX. It is the phone that made the concept of bezel-less appealing to people. The MI MIX 2 is Mi Mix successor with much better specs and features. It has got everything you can get in a flagship, except you aren’t getting a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Also, it doesn’t have a top-notch camera experience, the Achilles heel of many a Xiaomi handsets. Xiaomi makes up for it with the beautiful 5.99-inch bezel-less display and a “flagship killer” price. It’s one of the biggest contender for 18:9 bezelless display at economic prices.
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with facial recognition, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typical) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
LG might not be selling truckloads of phones like Samsung but that doesn’t mean it sucks at hardware. The loss-making phone maker finally let go of the gimmicky stuff this year and turned up with a great G6 design. One that had all the ingredients of a good flagship. Perhaps, putting last year’s Snapdragon 821 SoC hurt the phone. Whatever the case, the phone remains a good all rounder available at a significant discount from its launch price. LG’s 18:9 Infinity Display gives you a crystal, clear and natural feel to the device.
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 2880 pixels) QHD+ LCD display with a 18:9 aspect ratio
- Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0, Google Assistant
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS 2.0, 4K video recording,
- 5MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Dolby Vision
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Must have a look at Best Android Phones with Snapdragon 835 chipset in 2017.
Samsung Galaxy S8
The Galaxy S8 is the only phone on this list that has a curved edge display. It oozes beauty and is one of the most sold Samsung flagships. Yup, it broke records of the Galaxy S7 Edge. It also has everything you can expect. That is if you are ready to shell out some serious cash. Great performance, great cameras, great screen, good battery and some extras like water resistance and wireless charging all in a glass coated bezel-less beauty. You can learn more about Galaxy S8 news over here. You can also read comparisons of the Bezel-less 18:9 Infinity Display.
- S8 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture,
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture,
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Ultra High Quality Audio Playback
- 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
Essential Phone (19:10)
Essential Phone, a device from the Android’s creator, Andy Rubin. It went with full precision 18:9 display with rounded corners and packs a 19:10 aspect ratio and measures 5.71″ diagonally. It provides QHD, 1,312×2,560px resolution with rounded corners, unique cameras and Snapdragon 835 processor.
- Display: 5.71-inch QHD (2560 x 1312 pixels)
- Aspect Ratio: 19:10
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC, (2.45GHz quad + 1.9GHz quad)
- RAM: 4GB, 128GB UFS 2.1
- Rear Camera: 13MP Dual RGB + Mono camera with image fusion technology, 13MP True
- Front Camera: 8MP (f/2.20)
- Battery: 3,040mAh
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with MIMO
- Colors: Black Moon, Stellar Grey, Pure White, Ocean Depths
Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 2 XL is a device from Google having the 18:9 full display for the immersive experience. It packs many other advancements in the its software. It’s camera has scored 98 score in the DxOmark ratings. It packs one of the best 6 inch P-Oled display with 18:9 proportion. Google launches Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL with Snapdragon 835 and best camera on board
- 4 GB RAM
- 32 GB Storage
- Android v7.1 (Nougat)
- 5.5″ (13.97 cm) Display
- 3450 mAh Battery
- 12.3 MP Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- VoLTE, Single SIM
- Quick Charging
- 2.15 GHz Quad Core
Mate 10 Pro
Huawei Mate 10 and its other variants launched this week with 18:9 bezel less display giving a immersive view to the users. It is the new flagship device from Huawei offering high end spe sliek the Snapdragon 835 with 6/4 GB of RAM. Even, DxOmark test has scored 97 marks for it camera which is just 1 point left from the Google Pixel 2 XL.
- Android 8.0 EMUI 8
- Huawei Kirin 970 (NPU)
- 128GB + SD
- Dual 4G/VoLTE, Hybrid slot
- 6-inch 18:9 Full HD+ (2160×1080) OLED, FullView Display
- 12MP (color) + 20MP (monochrome), OIS, f/1.6 lenses
- 8MP f/2.0
- 4,000mAh, Huawei SuperCharge
The taiwanese firm, HTC launched the HTC U11 with some extraordinary features fitted with Snapdragon 835. It also packs 18:9 display with the size of 5.5 inches. it packs 12 MP camera with DxOmark score of 90. THere’s also a 16MP front camera with UltraPixel mode.
- 6GB RAM and 128 GB internal memory expandable up to 2TB in a hybrid slot
- 5.5 inches Super LCD 5 Quad HD (2560×1440)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Android Nougat v7.1.1
- 3000 mAh lithium-ion battery
- Dual nano sim with dual standby (4G+4G)
- Intelligent uSonic earphones
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for device
Bezel Less upcoming phones
OnePlus 5T (upcoming)
The upcoming flagship from the OnePlus is going to hit soon. Already many rumors, leaks and reports are already out in the market. It is expected to pack new 18:9 display of 6 inches. It seems they are following the same trend as the other OEMs followed this year.
Currently, it is not out yet, we have to wait for the official launch as of now.
Apart from these, there are some that have launched recently like the Vivo X20, and others which also fit the bill. The list is about to get a lot bigger with some more like OnePlus, Oppo about to come up with their own products.
This list of best bezel less phones packs most of the 18:9 display devices. It incorporates some best bezel-less display smartphones. Stay tuned! we will keep you updated.