The Casio G’zOne Commando was announced back in April and for those using it I’ve heard it’s quite the phone for what you get. Basically this is a construction workers best friend. Today however, Verizon’s delivered build C771M070 bringing it up to Android 2.3 Gingerbread and with it comes a few bug fixes.
– Screen will brighten upon touch when phone is docked during a voice call.
– Proximity Sensor accurately senses presence during a voice call.
– Auto signature can be enabled within SMS/MMS messages.
– Device will no longer generate a draft message when opening a message.
– Privacy Caution screen will now appear during Setup Wizard. + V CAST Media Manager now comes preloaded.
– Reduced device lag.
Along with business users now being able to auto add signatures to SMS and MMS text messages we also have a fix for the wacky proximity sensor, a lag fix, and a few other important bugs have been squashed with those steel toed boots. Oh and you now will have full access to that awesome bloatware we call V CAST too, fun.
If you’ve been having any issues or just waiting for the update it should be hitting handsets any time now. Feel free to manually check for updates by going to settings > about phone > and check for updates to get started with the goodness we all call Gingerbread.
Oh yea, who remembers the Casio G’zOne Commando smartphone over on Verizon? This rugged smartphone can handle any situation and today it’s getting even better, the Commando is all set for the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update making it both durable, and up to date.