BlackBerry Keyone (Mercury) vs Samsung Galaxy S7
BlackBerry Keyone is launched today and it is the flagship device of the company. Here i am comparing . Although the galaxy S7 is way ahead when we try to compare it on processing power with the Keyone. But still there are lots of areas where Blackberry scores the points above galaxy S7.
Blackberry Keyone is packed with 12MP auto-focus large pixel camera which is used in Google pixel. One the other hand Galaxy S7 is packed with 12 Megapixel sensor which is rated below the BB Keyone camera. Coming to the physical Keyboard of Blackberry Keyone, with this key board you can perform various shourcuts, Flick typing and you can also use it to navigate on the 4.5 inch display. On Galaxy S7 physical keyboard is not present.
Coming to the size of the phone, Blackberry Keyone it measures 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4mm where as Galaxy S7 measures 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm. Although Galaxy S7 is smaller but still Blackberry Keyone is very good one to hold with its physical keyboard.
- Type Design Type called form factor refers to a mobile phone's size, shape, and style as well as the layout and position of major components of phone. There are three major form factors seen in mobile phones => bar phones, folding phones and sliding phones.
149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4mm 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm (5.61 x 2.74 x 0.31 in)
180g 152 g (5.36 oz)
Black, White, Gold, Silver, Pink Gold
- Display Type Display Technology => A number of display technologies and types used in mobile phones => TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layer of conductive material with a very small gap between them which acts as a resistance), Capacitive Touchsceen (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)
4.5-inch IPS LCD Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
4.5-inch 5.1 inches
1620 x 1080 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Display Colors Display Colors is refers to the number of different shades of colors that the screen is capable of displaying => 64K colors, 256K colors and 16 million colors, Obviously 16M is highest available range of colors and better than others.
16M 16M colors
- Pixel Density Pixel Density (PPI) is refers to the concentration of pixels on a particular display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is calculated by dividing the diagonal pixel resolution of a display by its diagonal size, higher pixel density better display quality.
433 ppi 577 ppi
- Touch Screen
Yes, Multitouch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Display Protection Display Protection => Gorilla Glass is a special alkali-aluminosilicate glass shield with exceptional damage resistance that helps protect mobile displays from scratches, drops, and bumps of everyday use, It is always better to go for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass for that added protection and peace of mind.
Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Chipset Chipset is a group of integrated circuits designed to perform one or a more dedicated functions, often with real time computing constraints, Popular smartphones are equipped with more advanced embedded chipsets that can do many different tasks depending on their programming.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 / Exynos 8890 Octa
- CPU CPU (Central Processing Unit) mostly known as processors, CPU processes instructions in order to carry out certain functions that make your device operate properly. Processors are often described as the brain of computers, smartphones and tablets, Smartphones and tablets rely on processors to carry out their every task, Processors are an incredibly important factor in selecting any type of computing device, including your smartphone.
2.0 GHz Octa Core Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo / Quad-core 2.3 GHz Mongoose + quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display, This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.
64-bit Adreno 506 Adreno 530 / Mali-T880 MP12
- RAM (Memory) RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.
3GB 4 GB
- Internal Storage Internal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.
32 GB 32/64 GB
- Card Slot Memory Card Slot is a special slot for inserting a memory card. Memory cards allow you to expand the phone's built-in memory, A memory card (sometimes called a flash memory card or a storage card) is a small storage medium used to store data such as text, pictures, audio, and video, for use on small, portable or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, digital cameras.
Yes, Via MicroSD upto 2TB microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual-SIM model
- Sensors Sensors are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.
Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, Hall Effect Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Primary Camera is able to capture photographs and usually videos, The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but not always a good measurement of the photos quality.
12MP rear camera (Sony IMX378 sensor) 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm
4k recording at 30 fps 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- Camera Features
4x Digital zoom, continous &touch to focus, facedetection, electric image stablisation, Paorma, Burst, Live Filters Multi-Frame Low Light Enhancement phase detection autofocus, OIS, 1/2.6" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Flash Flash Light => There is commonly two types of flash lights are used in camera mobile phones, LED Flash (LED flash offers lower power consumption with drive circuitry that takes up very little room, LEDs can be strobed faster than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)
Dual Tone LED Flash LED flash
8MP, f/2.2 5 MP, f/1.7, 22mm, dual video call, Auto HDR
- Battery Type Battery Type => Cell phones run on various kinds of batteries depending on the manufacturer, phone size or shape and features. There are basically four types of cell phone batteries => Lithium Polymer, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride and Nickel Cadmium.
Li-Ion (Lithium Ion) Li-Ion (Lithium Ion)
- Capacity Battery Capacity is a measure (typically in Amp-hr) of the charge stored by the battery, and is determined by the mass of active material contained in the battery. The battery capacity represents the maximum amount of energy that can be extracted from the battery under certain conditions.
3505 mAh with quick charge 3.0 3000 mAh
non-removable at the back Non-removable
- Standby Standby Time is the total amount of time that you can leave your is fully charged, turned on and ready to send and receive calls or data transmissions before completely discharging the battery.
- Talk Time Talk Time is the longest time that a single battery charge will last when you are constantly talking on the phone under perfect conditions, Ambient temperature and highly dependent on the cellular network environment such as the distance to the closest cell network tower.
- Music Play
- Bluetooth Bluetooth is a wireless communications technology for exchanging data between mobile phones, headsets, computers and other network devices over short distances without wires, Bluetooth technology was primarily designed to support simple wireless networking of personal consumer devices.
v4.2 LE and EDR v4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Infrared Infrared connectivity is an old wireless technology used to connect two electronic devices. It uses a beam of infrared light to transmit information and so requires direct line of sight and operates only at close range.
- Wi-fi Wi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.
802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-fi Hotspot
USB Type-C microUSB v2.0, USB Host
- GPS GPS The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, GPS permits users to determine their position, velocity and the time 24 hours a day, in all weather, anywhere in the world, In order to locate your position, your device or GPS receiver must have a clear view of the sky.
Yes, GLONASS, BeiDou2 Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC NFC (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
- Wireless Charging Wireless Charging (Inductive Charging) uses an electromagnetic field to transfer energy between two objects. This is usually done with a charging station. Energy is sent through an inductive coupling to an electrical device, which can then use that energy to charge batteries or run the device.
- Microphone Jack
- Headphone Jack