Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra vs Samsung Galaxy A8+(2018)
- Type Design Type called form factor refers to a mobile phone's size, shape, and style as well as the layout and position of major components of phone. There are three major form factors seen in mobile phones => bar phones, folding phones and sliding phones.
163 x 80 x 9.5 mm (6.42 x 3.15 x 0.37 in) 159.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm (6.30 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
221 g (7.80 oz) 191 g (6.74 oz)
Silver, Black, Blue, and Gold color. Black, orchid grey, gold, and blue color.
IP68 certified - dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Display Type Display Technology => A number of display technologies and types used in mobile phones => TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layer of conductive material with a very small gap between them which acts as a resistance), Capacitive Touchsceen (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
6.0 inches 6.0 inches, 91.4 cm2
1080 x 1920 pixels 1080 x 2220 pixels
- Display Colors Display Colors is refers to the number of different shades of colors that the screen is capable of displaying => 64K colors, 256K colors and 16 million colors, Obviously 16M is highest available range of colors and better than others.
16M colors 16M colors
- Pixel Density Pixel Density (PPI) is refers to the concentration of pixels on a particular display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is calculated by dividing the diagonal pixel resolution of a display by its diagonal size, higher pixel density better display quality.
367 ppi 411 ppi
- Touch Screen
- Display Protection Display Protection => Gorilla Glass is a special alkali-aluminosilicate glass shield with exceptional damage resistance that helps protect mobile displays from scratches, drops, and bumps of everyday use, It is always better to go for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass for that added protection and peace of mind.
Corning Gorilla Glass Corning Gorilla Glass
SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push Email
- Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Xvid/MP4/H.265 player
- MP3/eAAC+/WAV/Flac player
- Document viewer
- Photo/video editor SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- Fast battery charging
- ANT+ support
- MP4/WMV/H.265 player
- MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Chipset Chipset is a group of integrated circuits designed to perform one or a more dedicated functions, often with real time computing constraints, Popular smartphones are equipped with more advanced embedded chipsets that can do many different tasks depending on their programming.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Exynos 7885 Octa
- CPU CPU (Central Processing Unit) mostly known as processors, CPU processes instructions in order to carry out certain functions that make your device operate properly. Processors are often described as the brain of computers, smartphones and tablets, Smartphones and tablets rely on processors to carry out their every task, Processors are an incredibly important factor in selecting any type of computing device, including your smartphone.
Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display, This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.
Adreno 510 Mali-G71
- RAM (Memory) RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.
4 GB RAM 4 GB/ 6 GB
- Internal Storage Internal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.
32/64 GB 32 GB/ 64 GB
- Card Slot Memory Card Slot is a special slot for inserting a memory card. Memory cards allow you to expand the phone's built-in memory, A memory card (sometimes called a flash memory card or a storage card) is a small storage medium used to store data such as text, pictures, audio, and video, for use on small, portable or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, digital cameras.
up to 256 GB up to 256 GB
- Sensors Sensors are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.
Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, and compass sensor. Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer sensor.
- Primary Camera is able to capture photographs and usually videos, The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but not always a good measurement of the photos quality.
23 MP 16 MP
2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, stereo sound rec., HDR 1080p@30fps
- Camera Features
Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR, panorama, phase detection autofocus, and LED flash. Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, phase detection autofocus, LED flash.
- Flash Flash Light => There is commonly two types of flash lights are used in camera mobile phones, LED Flash (LED flash offers lower power consumption with drive circuitry that takes up very little room, LEDs can be strobed faster than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)
LED flash LED flash
Dual 16 MP Dual 16 MP + 8 MP
- Bluetooth Bluetooth is a wireless communications technology for exchanging data between mobile phones, headsets, computers and other network devices over short distances without wires, Bluetooth technology was primarily designed to support simple wireless networking of personal consumer devices.
5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE
- Infrared Infrared connectivity is an old wireless technology used to connect two electronic devices. It uses a beam of infrared light to transmit information and so requires direct line of sight and operates only at close range.
- Wi-fi Wi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-fi Hotspot
2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB Host 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- GPS GPS The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, GPS permits users to determine their position, velocity and the time 24 hours a day, in all weather, anywhere in the world, In order to locate your position, your device or GPS receiver must have a clear view of the sky.
A-GPS, GLONASS A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC NFC (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
- Microphone Jack
- Headphone Jack