Android Studio 2.2 is previewed on Google I/O 2016, now it is available for Download. The Preview version is already being used by millions of Android developers around the world.The main highlight of this version of Android Studio is that you can develop apps faster with features such as the new Layout Editor, which makes creating an app user interface quick and intuitive.
Android Studio 2.2 is packed with 20+ new features from designing UIs with the new Constraint Layout, to developing C++ code with the Android NDK. Some of the main changes are listed below.
- Layout Editor: You will get the new user interface of the which can quickly construct the structure of your app UI with the new blueprint mode and adjust the visual attributes of each widget.
- Constraint Layout: The constraint Layout becomes the flexible layout manager through which you can create dynamic user interfaces without nesting multiple layouts.
- Improved C++ Support: In this now you can use CMake or ndk-build to compile your C++ projects from Gradle.
- Referencing Android sample code is now even easier with Android Studio 2.2
- Instant Run Improvements: In this release, we have made many stability and reliability improvements to Instant Run.
- APK Analyzer
- Build cache (Experimental)
- Virtual Sensors in the Android Emulator
- Espresso Test Recorder (Beta)
- GPU Debugger (Beta)
If you are using Android Studio than you can check for the updates on the Stable channel by going through the Help → Check for Update on [Windows/Linux] and Android Studio → Check for Updates on [OS X]. You can also Download Android Studio 2.2 from the official download page.