The dm Verity is a Linux kernel driver for verifying the integrity of a partition at runtime using a hash tree and signed metadata. It is used for verified booting of Android Phones. dm verity feature supports the phones with Android 4.4 or Later. Basically dm-verity can protect you against malware modifying the system however it can also protect you from accidental corruption with its forward-error-correction feature.
The dm verity feature is very good for the security of Android phone. But, When you flash an unauthorized custom rom or TWRP recovery, device shows dm verity error. Although, it can be easily fixed and encryption can also be disabled. Here we are with a guide to Disable dm verity on any [TWRP] Android Phone.
- Download dm-verity and forced encryption disabler.
- The latest TWRP Recovery for your respective Android phone.
- Download the Official ROM and recovery for your Phone.
- Charge your phone atleast up to 60%.
- You should download the USB drivers for particular manufacturers of the phone.
Now there are different methods for various phones. From below listed guides you can follow the steps there to fix the dm verity error on your phone.
- Disable dm verity on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- How to disable dm verity on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
- How to disable dm verity on Oneplus 3 and 3T
You can download the latest dm verity disabler patch below.
no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip Download link
no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip Download link
no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.0.zip Download link
no-verity-opt-encrypt-4.1.zip Download link