Android is the most-loved Operating System because of its customization capabilities. Even one can change how the music plays on their device. To do that you must download Dolby Atmos APK for Android. In this article, we will guide you on how to download Dolby Atmos APK for Android and install on both rooted and non-rooted devices.
What is Dolby Atmos?
Before getting to the guide, let us talk about what Dolby Atmos actually is. Dolby Atmos is a sound technology by Dolby Laboratories. Dolby Atmos provides 3D surround sound effects in Cinemas and on supported devices such as Televisions, Speakers, Streaming Players, Smartphones and what not.
Dolby Atmos is software based and hence it can be ported from supported smartphones to not supported smartphones. The ports are available both as Dolby Atmos APK and Dolby Atmos Zip files for both and rooted and non-rooted devices. Hence, do not worry if your smartphone is not rooted as it can work on non-rooted phones too.
How to install Dolby Atmos on Android Phone?
Here in this article, we will be providing step by step instructions to download Dolby Atmos APK for Android as well as Dolby Atmos zip file and how to install them without any issues. Before proceeding, we would like to inform you that it might now work on all devices. Also, make sure to create a backup of your current system if you are a rooted user.
Install Dolby Atmos Without Root
If you are one of the many users who uses a smartphone without root, then this section is for you. However, if you are a power user with a rooted smartphone, then scroll down to the next section.
We have explained the Dolby Atmos installation process in a non-rooted smartphone in a step-wise manner below.
- Step 1: Download Dolby Atmos APK file from this link.
- Step 2: Make sure to enable installation of apps from unknown sources in your smartphone.
- Step 3: Install the downloaded Dolby Atmos APK file and do not open the app yet.
- Step 4: Disable any audio enhancer or equalizer if already available on your smartphone.
- Step 5: Open Google Play Music on your smartphone as Dolby Atmos without root will only work in this music player.
- Step 6: Tap on the hamburger icon on the top left corner and go to Settings.
- Step 7: Now, go to the equalizer and enable Dolby Atmos.
- Step 8: Open Dolby Atmos app and change the equalizer settings as per your choice.
- Step 9: That’s it, you have successfully downloaded Dolby Atmos APK and installed on your smartphone without root.
This method works on most of the Android smartphones. However, this won’t be as effective as the root method. Also, it will work only in Google Play Music which is the major con of this method.
In case, it does not work on your smartphone, then all you have to do is uninstall the Dolby Atmos app the normal way.
Install Dolby Atmos APK On Rooted Smartphones
If you use a rooted smartphone, then the below-mentioned tutorial is for you. Since you are a rooted user, you might definitely have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your smartphone. If you don’t have one, make sure to install it on your phone as it will be used to install the Dolby Atmos zip file.
There are many Dolby Atmos ports available, but the port that we have provided below is the most compatible one. This Dolby Atmos port is from Lenovo A7000.
As we mentioned at the beginning of the article, make sure to create a backup of the current system and apps. Thus, you will be ready for the worst case scenario if it occurs.
Below are the detailed steps to install Dolby Atmos on a rooted smartphone.
- Step 1: Download the Dolby Atmos installer zip file as well as the Dolby Atmos uninstaller zip file.
- Step 2: Reboot your smartphone into recovery mode.
- Step 3: Install the Dolby Atmos installer zip and reboot your smartphone.
- Step 4: That’s it, you have successfully installed Dolby Atmos on your smartphone.
Now all you have to do is open the Dolby Atmos app and fiddle with the equalization settings and enjoy your music. This method works with almost all music players, unlike the non-root method.
Uninstall Dolby Atmos
If the Dolby Atmos app force closes or doesn’t work, simply reboot into recovery mode and install the Dolby Atmos uninstaller zip file. This will uninstall Dolby Atmos from your smartphone.
Hope, we helped you downloading Dolby Atmos APK / Dolby Atmos zip file and installing them on your smartphone. For more tutorials like this, stay tuned to GoAndroid.