Essential, the company by Andy Rubin, the co-founder of Android announced their maiden smartphone the Essential Phone back in May. But, it took months to reach the hands of the customers. And the cameras on the device were criticized for lacklustre performance.
They listened to people and started working to fix the issues. The result of which is this new OTA update which is now rolling out to the users. This update will bring the build number to NMI81C. The changelog posted by Essential are as follow :
- Boosted capture speed in regular and low light to below 1 second (over 40% faster)
- Improved brightness and performance in low-light
- Spatial sound when shooting in 360 (supported on device, Facebook and YouTube)
- Use volume up/down keys as shutter buttons in 360 mode
- Countdown timer when in 360 camera mode
- Bug fixes and overall reliability improvements
Essential also asked the users to update the camera app through play store once OTA gets installed. They are also working on to bring Portrait mode, Pro Mode, live 360 streaming to Facebook and Periscope, animated 360 stills and filters and more HDR improvements. The above mentioned features will be rolled out via camera app update in near future.
A software update cannot make much difference in the quality and performance. But, atleast the people at Essential are listening and fulfilling their promise in providing a ‘Essential Support’.
SOURCE : Essential
Follow Us on our Channels: