Facebook today updated its Facebook Messenger Android App with Voice calling Feature. Its iOS app had already tested this feature i US, now Facebook is testing it on Android in Canada. Data rates still apply over 3G and 4G, mind you, but Wi-Fi calling is free in the truest sense.
Currently its available only in Canada but Facebook haven’t hinted anything about its availability in other countries or regions. Similarly Skype also provide same service in Canada. Other features which gets updated in the newest build of the Facebook Messenger Android App includes:
- Updates to group conversations
- Name a group right from the top of your conversation
- Get to your group conversations in one tap – just swipe left to see them in your sidebar
- Search for group conversations by name or look them up by friends in the group
- Other Updates
- Call friends for free right from Messenger (Canada)
- Other improvements and bug fixes
You can download the new version of the App from the Play Store.