Google has just announced that the final release of the SDK for Android 3.0 is now available for all who wish to develop for upcoming Honeycomb tablets, such as the Motorola XOOM or Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. It’ll be API level 11 when you go looking for it. Here are the changes they’ve made to the SDK tools and to ADT for Eclipse:
- UI Builder improvements in the ADT Plugin:
- New Palette with categories and rendering previews. (details)
- More accurate rendering of layouts to more faithfully reflect how the layout will look on devices, including rendering status and title bars to more accurately reflect screen space actually available to applications.
- Selection-sensitive action bars to manipulate View properties.
- Zoom improvements (fit to view, persistent scale, keyboard access) (details).
- Improved support for
layouts, as well as layouts with gesture overlays.
- Traceview integration for easier profiling from ADT. (details)
- Tools for using the Renderscript graphics engine: the SDK tools now compiles .rs files into Java Programming Language files and native bytecode.
More information can be had over at the Android Developers site.
Follow Us on our Channels: