Just recently, Samsung had pushed Android Nougat 7.1.1 for Galaxy J5 (2016) in Russia and Poland. Now the update is being making its way into the users in India. The latest OTA update with baseband version J510FNDDU2BQK1 weighs in at 1165MB. And of course, brings Nougat 7.1.1 to the Indian J5(2016).
Apart from the major OS upgrade, the latest firmware is skinned by Samsung Experience 8.5 as expected. Moreover, the update bundles multi-window support, Samsung’s own Dual-Messenger feature and other new functionalities to the device. Also, as usual it’s coupled with other performance improvements and bug fixes.
- OS upgrade – Android 7.1 Nougat.
- Provides new UX and various performance modes.
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button.
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation.
- Improved Usability or the Multi-Window.
Speaking of the security enhancements that the update boards. The device security patch level has now elevated to 1st August from the previous patch dated 1st May. Even Though the patch level is two month old, it do caters protection against the notorious BlueBorne vulnerability.
Needless to say, the OTA upgrade is taking a round gradually, and don’t panic if it hasn’t hit your device. Most probably, it’d appear in your device too within two or three days. Nevertheless, you can manually check for the update by heading over to Settings>About Device>Check For Updates.
Follow Us on our Channels: