Google Glass, a augmented reality Glass announced last year at Google IO 2012 and shipped to developers couple of weeks ago who registered it for $1500. It received new update named xe5 on tuesday and have added new software features like Google+ hangouts and notifications.
Detailing Google+ integration, now you can like shares, comments, and mentions, and wearers can even comment on and +1 content. Along with addition of new features, Google has also provided the improvements in voice recognition and head detection on the device. Here’s full changelog of XE5 update:
- Change to sync policy: require power + WiFi for background uploads
- Crash reporting
- Incoming G+ notifications (direct shares, comments, +mentions), including ability to comment and +1
- Incoming Hangout notifications
- Transcription of queries & messages is now wicked-fast
- Long-press to search from anywhere in the UI (no longer just from off)
- International number dialing + SMS
- Hop animation on disallowed swipes in the UI
- New On-Head Detection calibration flow
- Show device Serial Number on Device Info card
- More reliable estimation of battery charge remaining
- New recipient-list mosaic
Currently the Google Glass is available for registered developers and it won’t be available to general public until a year from now.
So we have to wait but we keen to hear about glasses at Google IO 2013 which is just a week away.
Stay Connected with us.