After various rumors and leaks here’s the Pixel XL and Pixel devices from Google. The moment Android fans have been waiting for is finally here: Google just took the wraps off its brand new line of high-end smartphones, the Pixel phones.
The Pixel and Pixel XL both share the same high-end design and features. The phones are built by HTC, although there’s no trace of HTC’s logo anywhere on them. These are Google phones, or that’s how Google wants to sell them. And they are loaded to the teeth with Google services that cover everything from messaging, through cloud services to AI assistants.
- Size: 143.8 x 69.5 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 143 grams
- 5-inch Full HD AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 resolution, 441 pixel-per-inch density) with Gorilla Glass 4
- 2.15GHz 64-bit quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 32GB/128GB storage
- no microSD support
- 12.3-megapixel camera with f/2.0, 1.55um pixels, optical image stabilization (OIS), and unlimited Google Photos storage
- 8-megapixel-front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- USB-C support
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 2,770 mAh battery with fast-charging support
- Android 7.1 Nougat with new Pixel Launcher, Google Assistant and Google Magic
The Pixel and Pixel XL will be available to preorder on October 4th from a wide range of retailers. Google will sell the Pixel on its website, but it has also partnered with carriers and electronics retailers for the Pixels.
It is going to be available in Snow (white), slate (grey), and crimson (red).
The Pixel brand debuted with the best Chromebook money can buy, then ventured into Android with the Pixel C tablet, clearly, it’s a premium brand by Google. And the two phones are priced accordingly. Pre-orders start on October 13, with actual sales beginning a week later, October 20.
Follow Us on our Channels: