Google has promptly started rolling out July security patches to its whole range of devices. All the Nexus and Pixel devices which don’t run the developer preview of Android O will be eligible for the update. So, the patch is for devices running on version 7.1.2 of Android Nougat.
In fact, this is the third patch of July, which packs fixes for previous vulnerabilities numbering 43 from the first security patch of July. Further it also packs fixes for 96 vulnerabilities from the second security patch dated June 5.
However, this update mainly consists of security bugs fixing rather than anything else. While the June patch actually solved many big glitches in the Pixel & Pixel XL.
So, this update will fix those previous left openings & provide a positive boost to performance, although you might not notice it that much. Again, it is a routine update procedure that might at least require you to charge your devices up to 50% depending on the battery quality. Also, log on to a good Wi-Fi network and you should be good to go.
The Google devices receiving the update are Pixel XL, Pixel, Pixel C, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus Player, Nexus 6, and Nexus 9.
We will provide all links to the OTA updates below for all devices.
- Pixel XL: Android 7.1.2 —NHG47O (Verizon), NJH47D, NKG47M (T-Mobile, Fi carriers), NZH54B (Deutsche Telekom)— Factory Image (2) (3) (4) — OTA (2) (3) (4)
- Pixel: Android 7.1.2 —NHG47O (Verizon), NJH47D, NKG47M (T-Mobile, Fi carriers), NZH54B (Deutsche Telekom)— Factory Image (2) (3) (4) — OTA (2) (3) (4)
- Pixel C: Android 7.1.2 —N2G48B — Factory Image — OTA
- Nexus 6P: Android 7.1.2 —N2G48B — Factory Image — OTA
- Nexus 5X: Android 7.1.2 — N2G47Z — Factory Image — OTA
- Nexus Player: Android 7.1.2 — N2G48B — Factory Image — OTA
- Nexus 6: Android 7.1.1— N6F27H — Factory Image — OTA
- Nexus 9 (LTE): Android 7.1.1 — N4F27I — Factory Image — OTA
- Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi): Android 7.1.1 — N9F27F — Factory Image — OTA
Well, you can also wait for the OTA update which would be landing on your devices within couple of days.
Follow Us on our Channels: