For Verizon owners of the Galaxy Nexus, the process takes a few extra steps. They need to visit the href=”http://www.android.com/market/” rel=”homepage” target=”_blank” title=”Android Market”>Android Market website from their browser and then trick their device into installing the official app. It might sound like a little much, but it only takes around one minute to complete.
- From your phone open the browser and head to http://market.android.com. (Tip: You may want to clear data and defaults on browser and Market before doing this.)
- Search for “Google Wallet.” (If your browser prompts you to open the Market, don’t. Just stay in the browser.)
- When the results come back, tap on the Google Wallet icon.
- Tap the “Install” button from within the browser and then sign into your Google account. (Again, this is all from the browser, not the Market app.)
- Once you have signed in, you should be redirected back to the Market page in the browser.
- Obviously, you will not have the option to install there since the VZW Nexus is not supported.
- Tap the back button until you are prompted for the Market or href=”http://www.liquida.it/browser/” rel=”homepage” target=”_blank” title=”browser”>Browser again, this time choosing the Market.
- The Android Market should open to the Google Wallet page with an option to install.
If it doesn’t work right away, just sign out of the Android Market website from your browser and try the steps again.
Source: Android Market
Follow Us on our Channels: