Xiaomi deployed a storm in Indian smartphone market by launching the Redmi Note 5 Pro couple of weeks ago. Though the device was accompanied with the standard Redmi Note 5, most of the Indians have instantly fallen madly in love with the Pro model. The upgraded features it boards are nowhere to be seen on any devices at this price segment. Obviously, all packed at a reasonable price that is kept below INR.14K. Let’s follow Guide to install Stock ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
It is has a vertical Dual-Camera setup in the rear which is inspired by the Apple’s iPhone X. The only con of this device we know so far is the Android version 7.0 Nougat (Now Android Oreo 8.1 is available with a little glitch).
If you’ve managed to grab hold of this device of high demand in one of the lightning fast flash sales. Then, our guide on how to download and install the Stock ROM of the Redmi Note 5 can come handy. If you have already rooted and installed TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 5 pro. Then, you can unroot Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro also by following our guide.
Guide to install stock ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
First of all you need to download the Stock ROM from the link given below. Then follow our step-by-step instructions to successfully flash the stock ROM onto your device.
Flash Stock Rom on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
After downloading the above firmware file, the installations can be done in two ways. Either using “Updater” or the Stock Recovery method. You can install stock ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro by the following two ways:
Xiaomi devices usually have a built-in updater feature that allows the installation of OTA update zips manually. You can find the updater menu under software update screen and clicking on the three vertically aligned dots present on the right-corner.
- Store the downloaded ROM file into a suitable location in the internal storage of your device.
- Launch ‘Updater’ app on the Note 5 Pro. Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve stored in the above step.
- After selecting the correct ROM file, the device will begin upgrading. The device should automatically boot after the successful completion of the installation.
The above method is applicable only when you’ve no issue and can successfully take your device to the Updater menu. If you’re encountering a boot loop because of minor conflict in the firmware, then you can use the Stock Recovery Method .
Stock Recovery Method
Note: Follow the steps carefully. In Recovery mode, you can use Volume +/- to select up/down, and Power button to choose or confirm an option.
- Enter the Recovery mode of your device. For that, the device in turned-off condition press and hold the Volume+ button and Power button simultaneously to enter Recovery mode.
- Or else, in the ‘Updater’ menu on your device, click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter (Not applicable if the device is strucked at bootloop or dead).
- After entering Recovery mode, choose the preferred language, then select ‘Install update.zip to System’ option and confirm.
- After that, your device will begin the installation.
- Wait until the update is completed, choose ‘Reboot to System’ option, and then your device should boot to the OS safely.
Be cautious while performing the above methods as any interrupt in the update process can mess up the things. Also, it’s good to keep in mind that your data might get lost, although normally that doesn’t happen.
If interested, have a look at our previous post regarding the compatibility of Chinese Redmi Note 5 Android Oreo 8.1 stock ROM on the India exclusive Redmi Note 5 Pro. Obviously, you can follow the any one of the aforementioned methods for flashing the Oreo 8.1 build on the device, if you really intend to do so.