Xiaomi this year launched Redmi Note 4 the budget smartphone but with lots of features. The smartphone was running on Android 6.0 i.e. Marshmallow, but Xiaomi had announced that Android 7.0 Nougat will also be available through an update. And with sometime of it’s release Xiaomi also released Android N for the Redmi Note 4 users.
Android 7.0 will not only improve the performance of the phone but will also improve the battery life and make the UI more user friendly. Xiaomi first released the beta update for the Nougat update and now the stable version is also available for the update.
The MIUI 8 global stable ROM 188.8.131.52 is released and well users did not find any major bugs, it’s working pretty fine.
Well, here in this article we will share ways to install Android 7.0 Nougat update on your Note 4.
There are basically two methods to do this:
- Flashing from Mi Recovery
- Install using the Mi updater app
First we will discuss that how to use the first method to update it.
- First you need to download the ROM and then transfer it to the internal storage of the device.
- But for this first create a new folder and name it update.zip and transfer the downloaded ROM here.
- The next step is Reboot your phone in Mi recovery mode. For this there are 2 ways as well:
1st way:From the MIUI Updater app you can reboot directly into recovery mode.
2nd way: You need to turn off your phone and then press the Volume + button along with the power button.
When you use the second method then once in the recovery mode you can use the volume up and volume down button for navigation and to select anything you can click on the power button.
- Next you will need to navigate to install update.zip and confirm installation by selecting the yes button. Once it is installed then select the back button and then reboot.
After this is done, you should say Yay, as it has been updated to the latest Nougat update.
Method 2: Installation using the MIUI updater app
- First you need to install the new ROM and create a new folder named update.zip and transfer the file there.
- Then next just open the updater app and click the option given on the top right corner.
- There you will get the option to ‘choose an update package’, just click on that. Fine the folder where the file is and select it. The installation will start automatically.
- Now, you don’t need to click anything it will happen automatically.
So yes, you guys can select the any of the two methods. Frankly speaking i have always used the 2nd method. But your choice you can use any from the above.
When the phone was launched it had many bugs, but this new update brought many changes and now it’s working pretty fine.