Custom ROM’s have gained a lot recognition since the past few months. One of them Lineage OS has made up big in this segment. The Lineage OS developers will now directly launch Lineage OS 15.1 from the current version of Lineage OS 14.1.
The new version of Lineage OS 15.1 is now available for major smartphone brands Samsung, YU, Google Nexus etc. The next major brand to receive the new update of Lineage OS is OnePlus.
So those who have OnePlus One can update their device to Android Oreo 8.1. Users can install the new version of the Lineage OS ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo. I know its a real moment of happiness as we all know that OnePlus One won’t ever get Oxygen OS 5.0 Oreo update.
The best part is Lineage OS 15.1 will be updated with the latest December 2017 security patch. Also most of the things are working perfectly fine like WiFi, RIL etc. Users who will install this ROM will also get the support of Substratum theme engine support by default. Though for this awesome OS you guys need to root your device.
I am sure for the ones who are non techie’s the question might be how to install this new OS over the device. Well, in that case, don’t worry guys we will sort you out. Once you download the ROM you need even to have the latest Gapps for Android 8.1 Oreo.
Once you download these 2 files on your device, the next thing you need to do download the latest stable version of Magisk 15. After these 3 important files are downloaded, these are the next steps which you need to follow:
- Do have a check whether the bootloader is unlocked in your device. If not unlock it and then have a check over the tutorial about rooting.
- Once the device is rooted even check whether TWRP recovery is installed.
- Remember you need to take a backup before you go ahead.
- Then you need to download the file details mentioned above i.e. Lineage OS 15.1, Gapps for Android 8.1 and stable version of Magisk 15.
- Once the files are downloaded over your PC, transfer them to your device.
- Reboot the device to TWRP recovery.
- Select the full wipe option i.e. wipe out cache.
- Flash the LineageOS 15.1 8.1 Oreo custom ROM by selecting the option,
- The even flash Magisk and Gapps.
- Reboot to system.
Now your device is ready to use the latest Android 8.1 on your OnePlus One.
Follow Us on our Channels: