Xiaomi has launched its Mi4i smartphone long back in 2015. After a year or two, the brand has officially stopped the development of the handset. Here with development, we mean the software updates. When launched the phone has achieved high sales though it was also having some flaws like overheating, performance stutters, etc. The device is still being used by a majority of users in India. The device runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core processor which also supports 4G connectivity. Today we are here to let you guys know the guide to install LineageOS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 4i.
The device sports a great polycarbonate constructed design that delivers a premium in hand feel but we are not here to recall you the strengths and weakness. In this story, we will be telling you that how you can install Android 8.0 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 4i. Here we will make use of unofficial LineageOS 15 which is based on the Android 8.0 Oreo and offers stock experience. We will tell you the step by step method to install the LineageOS 15 ROM on your Mi4i in this article.
1.) Your Mi4i should be rooted and should have unlocked bootloader.
2.) The handset should have a custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM installed.
3.) The battery percentage should be around 60-70%.
4.) Take a complete backup of your current ROM and data.
Steps to Install LineageOS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 4i
1. Download the LineageOS 15 and Gapps file from the below-given link and place it somewhere in your device memory.
2. Now switch off your handset and boot into recovery mode by long pressing Power+Vol up.
3. After entering TWRP menu Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, Cache partition.
4. Now click on the Install button and locate the LineageOS 15 file present in your device. Swipe to flash the ROM.
5. After the completion of flashing process don’t reboot yet, click on the Install button again and select the Oreo Gapps file. Swipe to Install.
6. Now click on the Reboot button and you will enter the device with Android Oreo.
The credit for this ROM goes to the developer called Shrukul. According to him before installing this ROM the user should be on the firmware version 184.108.40.206. As per the reviews, almost everything is working in the ROM except Wi-Fi hotspot.
For further information, you can either visit the official XDA thread or you can consider going to the official LineageOS website. If you have any issue, you can comment us below.
That’s it from Install LineageOS 15 on XIaomi Mi4i guide. If you have any queries, you can comment below.