Google recently announced that they would launch a new version of Gmail apps for various platforms for the Smartphones and the Web, especially for the beloved Android. The Web version had been made available anf the additional features were added on that same day. But the app did not come out yet. And the update is expected to roll out in a couple of coming days or so. So in this post I would tell you how could you install New Gmail on your Device.
Firstly talking of the updates that were made in the Gmail app. There were many gestures added and integrated into the platform for smartphones. Like you could swipe down to simply refresh your inbox, and check out whether is there any other new or unread email or not. You could just flush the whole trash and the spam folder with just a single click. Also you could find the buttons like delete, Mark Read etc on the top bar now. So these were the major changes that were brought in.
How to Install the New Gmail on Phone:
As I said, the update has not officially rolled out yet. But do not worry we have a workaround for this. You could download the Gmail apk from the outside mirrors I am linking too. These are the mirrors of Android Police, as they managed to grab the gmail apk from somewhere. And then you could install the apk file.
But before downloading these, you should keep trying on the Play Store, if the update is made official or not. So follow these steps to install the new gmail on your android phone.
- Download the apk file from any of the download mirrors above.
- Go to Settings, and ensure that your phone is allowed to install apps from outside the play sotre.
- Now transfer the apk file onto your Android Phone.
- Install the apk file, and you’re done.
- That’s it, you could now enjoy the new Gmail and have a look at it, and use it. However do keep checking the play store, may be while you’re doing this apk process, they might release the official version. Good Luck.