Honor V9 was announced in February of 2017 and is only exclusive to China. But, its international version known as Honor 8 Pro which was announced later in April is available in most countries. Both share same specifications except for extra storage in the Honor V9.
Coming to the specifications, it is powered by Huawei’s HiSilicon Kirin 960 coupled with 6GB of RAM and either 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. On the other hand, the Honor 8 Pro comes in both 6 and 4 GB RAM but with only 64 GB of internal storage. The storage can be further expanded upto 256GB via microSD card. On the front, it sports a 5.7 inches QHD LTPS LCD display and a 8 MP secondary camera above it. On the back, there is dual camera setup consisting of 12MP RGB and 12MP monochrome sensor. Also the back includes a fingerprint sensor below the camera module. It runs on EMUI based on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. Finally, the whole package is backed by a huge 4,000 mAh battery.
EMUI 8.0 update based on Android Oreo
Recently, Honor updated the V9 with EMUI 8.0 in China. The update also bumps up the Android version to Android 8.0 Oreo and changes the build no. to DUK-AL20 220.127.116.115 (C00). This update is part of Beta program, hence it might contain some bugs. To recall, EMUI 8.0 was first announced with Huawei Mate 10 series launch last month in Munich, Germany. However, you can install this update even though you are not enrolled in the Beta program. But, it requires unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery installed on your Honor V9.
NOTE: This update can be installed only on Honor V9 with model no. DUK-AL20. So, do not try to install the update on the international version, Honor 8 Pro.
Steps by step How to install EMUI 8.0 on Honor V9
- Download all the three files from the links given below.
- Copy them to your device’s internal storage or microSD card.
- Shut down the phone and reboot it to TWRP recovery by pressing Volume up and power key simultaneously.
- Go to backup and take a backup of your whole system for in case anything goes wrong.
- Then, go to install and locate those files for installation.
- Install them in order starting with update.zip, update_full_DUK-AL20_all_cn.zip and update_data_full_public.zip.
- Finally, reboot the device to enjoy the sweetness of Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0 .
Note: First boot might take time, so do not worry. But, if the device does not boot up even after a long time, reboot to recovery and restore your backup.