Huawei has launched a number of smartphones that come powered by a Hi-Silicon Kirin 970 SoC. To be honest not much third-party development is going for those devices but still by rooting the devices a lot can be done. One amazing smartphone that Huawei has announced a short time ago is the Honor 10. The device comes with great specifications and it even offers AI(Artificial Intelligence) integration for most of the tasks. If you are using an Honor 10 device and looking for a reliable method to root it then our today’s story is dedicated to you. Stepwise guide to root Huawei Honor 10.
Here in this story, we will be talking about the best and the easiest method to root the handset. Here we will be using the Magisk Manager method to root the Honor 10 handset. This method has been developed by a member of xdadeveloper known as LastStandingDroid. This method only works on the devices having an unlocked bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader of an Honor device is a little typical method so here we will not be covering that. So let’s take a quick look at the pre-requisites.
1.) Your smartphone’s battery percentage should be somewhere around 50-70%.
2.) Take a complete backup of your device as in some cases a user might end-up losing his/her data.
3.) This method requires PC/Laptop (Mac is also compatible) and that too with ADB and Fastboot software installed.
4.) Your device should have an unlocked bootloader.
5.) USB Debugging and OEM unlocking should be turned on.
You Might Like: Reliance Jio Media Cable Buy Online, How to Use with Jio Phone ? FM Whatsapp Latest Version: Features and How to Install (2018) How to Download Instagram Stories (2018) How to Fix ‘WebGL hit a snag’ Error in Chrome How to Delete Useless Whatsapp Images automatically?
Steps to Root Huawei Honor 10 using Magisk
- First, you need to download a file whose link is here: col-magisk-tlxx.img
- Now head over to the PC directory where ADB and Fastboot are installed. Here copy the above-downloaded file.
- In the folder where ADB files are installed, Hold the Shift key and click anywhere in the blank space, now select open command prompt or Powershell.
- Now switch off your Honor 10 handset and connect it to the PC using the USB cable supplied with the phone.
- Long press the Volume down key on the device and it will boot into bootloader mode.
- In the command prompt on PC type the below-mentioned command to flash the downloaded file:
fastboot flash ramdisk col-magisk-tlxx.img
- After flashing the following file you need to reboot your device, give the below-mentioned command to reboot your device:
- And that’s all, finally, you have rooted your Honor 10 smartphone in the easiest possible way.
Best Custom ROMs for Huawei devices: Best Custom ROMs for Honor View 10 Best Custom ROMs for Honor 8 based on Android Oreo/Nougat (2018)
For further information associated with Honor 10 root head over to the official XDA thread. Well, this is our guide to root Huawei Honor 10 using Magisk. If you have any further question you can reach us by commenting below.