Lenovo K8 Note was launched back in 2017 with quite good specs. At the launch time, Lenovo K8 Note runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. As now the phone is three years old so it will not get any official update. And, if you are looking for how to root Lenovo K8 Note and install some Custom ROM. Then this is the right page for you, and we will guide how to root Lenovo K8 Note step by step.
What is Root?
Rooting an Android Phone gives you full access to the entire file system of the operating system. After rooting you becomes the superuser of the phone and control all the hardware by making some changes in the operating system to.
Advantages of using Rooted Device
- Taking full backup and recovery with few taps.
- Ability to install custom ROM, Kernel and Recovery.
- You can remove bloatware from Lenovo K8 Note.
Disadvantages of Rooting
- OTA update won’t surface once your phone becomes rooted.
- Payment apps like Google Pay and others may not work.
To root Lenovo K8 Note you must unlock the bootloader of Lenovo K8 Note first. After that, you can install recovery and custom ROM.
- Download and extract the ADB Fastboot tools in a folder on your PC.
- Backup all your important data on any external media.
- Keep your phone charged above 70% for flawless installation.
- You should download the latest TWRP recovery for Lenovo K8 Note.
- Download Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager APK.
- SuperSU Latest version ZIP.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Lenovo K8 Note
- Open the settings of Lenovo K8 Note and tap on the About > Software information > More. Now you will see the Build number, just tap on the build number 7 times to enable developer options.
- Tap on the developer options from the phone’s setting and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging option.
- Connect Lenovo K8 Note to the PC and go to the folder on your PC, where ADB Fastoot tools are extracted.
- Now, Open the Powershell or CMD prompt by pressing SHIFT+Right Click in the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- In Command Prompt enter the command is written below to boot your phone in bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Execute the following command to unlock Lenovo K8 Note Bootloader in CMD:
fastboot oem unlock
- The Lenovo K8 Note bootloader will be unlocked upon the successful execution of the above command. Now, type the below command to complete the unlocking process fully:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
- That’s it. You’ve successfully unlocked the Lenovo K8 Note bootloader.
Also Read: How to download and install MTP USB driver
Step to Root Lenovo K8 Note
- Again Open the Powershell or CMD prompt by pressing SHIFT+Right Click in the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Connect your phone to PC and enter the command in CMD prompt:
adb reboot bootloader
- Lenovo K8 Note will reboot into the fastboot mode. Now enter the following command to install the TWRP.
fastboot flash TWRPv3.1_ysalunke007.img
- Boot your phone into the TWRP by switching the phone OFF first. Then press the Volume up button and power button simultaneously.
- Once TWRP is open on Lenovo K8 Note, make sure you have the SuperSU or Magisk zip file on your phone.
- Now, tap on install and navigate to the Magisk or SuperSU zip files in the device.
- Once selected, swipe to flash the zip file, and the installation of SuperSU or Magisk will be completed in a few seconds.
- After the installation complete, reboot to system and your phone will automatically reboot.
- You will see a Magisk or SuperSU app on your phone, open it to confirm if you have properly rooted Lenovo K8 Note.
- That’s it, your device is now rooted.
Also Read: Best Custom ROM for Lenovo A6000 in 2019
Hope you’ve successfully rooted your phone by following step by step guide to root the Lenovo K8 Note without any issue. Still, if any problem arises, then do let us know via the comments below.