OnePlus 3 and Oneplus 3T are the flagship devices of 2016. Although both the device are on latest Android Oreo Officially. Still some people Root their Oneplus 3 / 3T for better performance and more freedom to do things on your phone. Rooting gives you next level liberty but at the same time, it contains a risk of bricked devices. Here we comes up with a guide how to unroot/unbrick Oneplus 3 / 3T.
The most common problems after rooting Oneplus devices includes stuck Boot loop or your phone is bricked and not starting. If you are suffering from these kind of problems than its a right place for you. We have described very easiest way to unroot/ unbrick Oneplus 3/ 3T.
- You should download stock recovery of both Oneplus 3 and Oneplus 3T.
- Download the latest USB Drivers of Oneplus 3 and 3T on your PC.
- Download and transfer the latest Oxygen OS full firmware files to PC and phone’s internal storage. Download
- Setup ADB and Fastboot environment on your PC. Installation guide for Windows and Mac.
You may also like Best Custom ROMs for OnePlus 3/3T How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One via Lineage OS 15.1 Best Custom ROMs for OnePlus 5T (2018)
Steps to Unroot/Unbrick Oneplus 3 and 3T
Install Stock ROM and Unroot OnePlus 3/3T
- adb push ota.zip
- adb reboot recovery
5. Now you will be in recovery and you need to follow these things:
- Wipe → Factory Reset
- Then Install → choose OTA Zip or Stock ROM file→ and Swipe to confirm
- After Installation is done you need to Wipe the Cache & Wipe dalvik by Swiping.
- Then reboot the device from recovery.
- Now Your device will be up and running Stock ROM and you need to Enable Debugging Mode.
- Now we have Stock ROM but not Stock Recovery. So we need to Install it.
Steps to Install Stock Recovery on OnePlus 3/3T
- As like of the Stock ROM, you need to download the Stock recovery in the same folder from where you have opened the CMD window.
- You need to reopen the CMD if It’s not already Opened. Then simply type these commands one by one:
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery stockrecovery.img
- The name of the image file should be same as like in the above command “stockrecovery.img”.
- Hurray ! It’s Done.l
The last but not the least is to re-lock the bootloader. So let’s proceed
Relock the Bootloader
In order to do it we have a special guide to Forelock bootloader. Well, you can also check the below mentioned commands also:
- At the same cmd window, you have opened in the above section, now enter the below commands and hit enter button after each command.
- fastboot oem lock
- fastboot reboot
- Finally, choose Yes using VOL-UP/ DOWN and press POWER button to confirm.
You may also like Best Android Oreo Custom ROMs for OnePlus 2 47 Best Xposed Modules for OnePlus 5/5T (Download Links) How to install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus 6
Now all the things have been done and your OnePlus 3/3T is unbricked and Unrooted.