There are many limitations when we are sticked to Stock ROM. Similar is the situation with OnePlus 5. Today, we will let you know how to update OnePlus 5 to Android 8.1 with AOSP Extended v5.8. The new custom ROM, AOSP Extended v5.8 packs lot of new features which we will talk later. Well, OnePlus 5 already runs Android 8.1 but still there are reasons that geeks follow custom ROMs way. Let’s start with how to install AOSP Extended v5.8 on OnePlus 5.
The OnePlus 5 was launched last year in the month of June with Snapdragon 835 on board. There are two variants with 6/8GB RAM and 64/128GB storage options. OnePlus 5 is packed with large 5.5 inch Optic AMOLED 1080P Display. OnePlus has actually improved a camera a lot in the OnePLus, they have added 16+20MP camera in the rear side and 16 MP shooter in the front. As always, it packs dash charge which can charge your device upto 60% in just 30 minutes. Following this guide, you can install AOSP Extended Oreo on OnePlus 5 to get some more features.
OnePlus is already providing various updates on its official OxygenOS and recently got Android Oreo 8.1 update. Still, there are users who want to install custom ROMs. So, today we will let you know how to install AOSP Extended v5.8 on OnePlus 5. The latest version of the AOSP will also update OnePlus 5 to Android 8.1 Oreo.
Read for you: Best Custom ROMs for OnePlus 5
What’s New in Android 8.1 Oreo ?
There are plenty of new things that has come across with the Android 8.1 Oreo. We all know, it is more crafted version of Android than the Android 8.0 Oreo. there are plenty of fixes and enhancements which make the devie more reliable and usable. We always suggest to update your device to Android 8.1 Oreo.
What are Custom ROMs ?
Custom ROM is a software which is built to extend the functionality for the device. As its name satisfies, ‘Custom’ features. These are developed by developers using the source code of the original ROM that device makers launch. Yes, you can customise the every feature if the device. You can even delete the official apps and can do anything if you want. There are more features and customization options available rather than the official ROM. Also, they can give you different CPU profiles which allows them to run according to you.
They open doors for custom ROMs, Kernels and various other tweaks.
Now without wasting any time, let’s see how we can install AOSP Extended on OnePlus 5. We need some Pre-requirements before flashing the AOSP Extended on OnePlus 5.
There are few things that you must perform before installing the AOSP Extended on OnePLus 5. Follow the instructions below:
- Unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5 (Procedure is same as OnePlus 6) before installing any custom ROM.
- Backup the Android Phone before going for any installation.
- Install TWRP and root OnePlus 5 with Magisk or Supersu Zip using TWRP Recovery.
- Charge your device upto 60%.
Download AOSP Extended v5.8 on OnePlus 5
Steps to update OnePlus 5 with AOSP Extended v5.8
If you have done all the steps as said in the prerequisites, then follow the steps below to continue.
- Download, the files from the download section and keep it on your device’s internal storage.
- Now reboot to TWRP Recovery (Press Volume Down+Power button for sometime).
- If you want to take backup, you can do so by navigating to the option.
- Select the “Wipe” option from the TWRP main menu and enable a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- After backup and wiping, you can head over to the install option. Now browse to the downloaded ROM file and select it. (It will take some time to flash it).
- Now flash the Gapps by following the same procedure in the above step.
- Install Magisk also, if you want root access on your device.
- You’re done with it!! You have installed the ROM. Now, Reboot the System.
< More Guides for you > How to install Stock ROM on OnePlus 5? 47 Best Xposed Modules for OnePlus 5/5T (Download Links) How to Root Oneplus 5/5T with Magisk?
So, this is our guide to update OnePlus 5 to Android 8.1 with AOSP Extended v5.8. This guide will also help you to install AOSP Extended on OnePlus 5.