A latest OTA update that brings HydrogenOS 5.1.11 has started hitting OnePlus 6 in China. The update caters many fixes, improvements and most importantly speculated to solve the Cell Stand-by drain issue of the device. The Changelog of the update translated from Chinese to English goes like this.
- System enhancements
- New standby function (new standby optimizations need to be activated manually)
- Activating flash (screen off gesture) improved
- Camera clarity is improved
- Wifi stability is improved
- Gaming with dual 4g is improved
- Bluetooth car connection and stability is improved
- Some sounds issues with games fixed (like game sounds are low after activating of the microphone)
The update size is of around 268MB incorporating much needed improvements for the OS. As you know, the HydrogenOS is the OnePlus Custom Android skin for Chinese devices as how the OxygenOS is for the markets other than China(Global). Both the HydrogenOS and OxygenOS are almost alike but the former is free from any core Google apps and services. Hence, the international OnePlus 6 too might see a similar update coming soon as an OxygenOS update plausibly with the similar changelog.
The Changelog necessarily provides all of the changes incorporated in the update package. Seems the notorious battery drain issue on Android Oreo base is being properly fixed with the update. Perhaps, the OnePlus users on OxygenOS 5.1.8 and above are eagerly waiting for a fix to address the abnormal battery consumption. It’s to be seen whether OnePlus will roll-out the similar update on OxygenOS as well or not.