OnePlus 2 was the least successful device in the OnePlus series. It was criticized for a lot of things like its mediocre processor and poor battery life. Not to mention OnePlus’s reluctance to update the device to Android Nougat despite its initial promises.
However the large community of OnePlus 2 developers helped the users in updating their phones to the latest version of Android Nougat 7.1.1. They did so by developing CyanogenMod OS based Custom ROM, Lineage OS.
Lineage OS is a custom ROM that is built based on the stock Android ROM. It has all the features of Android Nougat along with some useful additional features like uninstalling system apps and enhanced performance.
The Lineage OS ROM is also official so you don’t have to worry about it being unstable and it can be used as a daily driver. If you want to update your OnePlus 2 to the latest stable version of Android Nougat 7.1.1, follow the below instructions.
(Download Section) Nougat Lineage OS ROM For OnePlus 2
- Lineage OS 14.1 (Official) Download Link
- TWRP Recovery For OnePlus 2
- Download Usb Drivers
- Download Mfastboot.zip
- Gapps for Nougat OnePlus 2
Install Nougat 7.1.1 on OnePlus 2 with Lineage OS 14.1
WARNING:GoAndroid will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your OnePlus 2 while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
- Install USB Driver for OnePlus 2 On your PC->Usb Drivers (Downloads from Download Section Above)
- Then Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock option On Your OnePlus 2:
To do so, go to Settings -> About Phone -> tap Build Number 7 times to enable Developer options. From Developer options, enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock.
3. Now reboot your device into bootloader. And connect your device with PC or Computer.
To do this Switch off your OnePlus 2 and after waiting for 3-4 seconds after screen goes off. Press the Volume Up Button + Power button together until you see anything on the screen. Now your phone is in the fastboot mode
4. Now open Mfastboot (Download Mfastboot from Downloads Section Above) folder where you extracted it earlier and press “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Now type the following command in Command prompt.
fastboot oem unlock
- Once the above command is executed enter the below command to reboot your device.
- Done!!!Now the Bootloader of your OnePlus 2 is unlocked
- First, download the TWRP recovery for OnePlus 2 From the Downloads Section Above and place it in the Mfastboot folder that your exacted earlier.(Download sections)
- After that, Enable USB Debugging on OnePlus 2 for that –>>Go back to Settings and you’ll see “Developer options” there, open it.Tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
- Now Connect your device with your PC using USB cable
- Now open Mfastboot folder(See Step 4 in Unlocking Bootloader above and also download Mfastboot from above) and press “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here”
- You will see command prompt window on your screen now type following command in Command window to reboot your OnePlus 2 to Bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once Your device booted into bootloader, Enter Following command in the command window
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After the TWRP installation, issue the following command to reboot.
- Done! TWRP Recovery is successfully installed on your OnePlus 2
Flashing Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM on OnePlus 2
Here’s how to flash Nougat ROM on TWRP Recovery.
- Download and transfer the OnePlus 2 ROM and Nougat Gapps file (Download from Downloads Section Above) to your device’s internal storage.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the Lineage OS 14.1 .zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Now flash the Nougat Gapps file similarly like you flashed the ROM file.
- After flashing both OnePlus 2 Lineage 14.1 and Gapps, Reboot your device.
- Download and transfer the OnePlus 2 ROM and Nougat Gapps (Download from Downloads Section) file to your device’s internal storage.
- Boot your device into Cyanogen recovery.
- Select “Wipe data/ factory reset”, then select “Yes” to confirm.
- Now select “Apply update” from the main menu and select “Choose from internal storage”.
- Select the OnePlus 2 ROM file that you transferred to your device in Step 1 above.
└ It may begin to install without confirmation.
- Once the OnePlus 2 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM installs, flash the Nougat Gapps file like you flashed the ROM.
- After flashing both OnePlus 2 Nougat ROM and Gapps, Reboot your device.
Voila!! you’re done with Nougat Installation on the OnePlus 2 using Lineage OS 14.1.
If you have any problem then Comment below. We are here for you.