Realme 3 Pro is one of the best budget smartphones in recent years. If you own one and want to root it, then you have come to the right place. Because here in this article, we will guide you step by step on how to root Realme 3 Pro.
The Realme 3 Pro features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 under the hood coupled with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. The star feature of this budget smartphone is the support for VOOC fast charging and kudos to the company for providing the respective charger in the box. Also, the phone features a stunning design even though the back is polycarbonate.
At the front, the phone sports a 6.3 inches FHD+ LCD display with a notch that houses a 25MP snapper. Whereas at the back, it comes equipped with a dual camera setup consisting of a 16MP primary sensor and a 5MP depth sensor. The back of the phone also has a fingerprint sensor like any other phone at this price. As for software, the phone runs on ColorOS based on Android Pie backed by a 4,045 mAh battery. The only downside of Realme 3 Pro is the absence of USB type-C.
Now, as we are done with a brief introduction of the phone, let us go through the guide on how to root Realme 3 Pro.
- Windows PC / Laptop
- A USB Cable
- Download ADB and Fastboot (Windows / MAC)
- Download Qualcomm Drivers
- Download Custom Recovery – (TWRP / PBRP)
- Download Magisk
- Unlocked Bootloader of Realme 3 Pro
Note: Unlocked bootloader is essential to flash a custom recovery and root any Android smartphone. Thus, if you haven’t unlocked the bootloader of your Realme 3 Pro yet, then do go through our step by step guide on the same.
Steps to root Realme 3 Pro
Flash TWRP Recovery:
- Download any of the latest working custom recoveries for Relme 3 Pro.
- Copy the recovery img file to the ADB and fastboot directory on your Windows PC / laptop.
- Also, download the latest Magisk stable from and copy it to your phone.
- Then, enable USB debugging your phone under developer options.
- Connect your phone to your Windows PC / laptop using the USB cable.
- Open command prompt in the ADB and fastboot directory and execute the following commands one by one.
If you don’t want to flash the custom recovery but simply need to boot it for the purpose of rooting,
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot RECOVERY_FILE_NAME.img
If you want to flash the custom recovery,
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery RECOVERY_FILE_NAME.img
- If you have flashed the custom recovery, then switch off the phone by holding down the power key for a few seconds.
- Once the phone completely switches off, press power and volume up keys simultaneously to boot it into custom recovery.
- Now, in the recovery, go to Install and select the downloaded Magisk zip file to install it on your phone.
- After the installation process, reboot the phone either by selecting the Reboot option or long pressing the power key.
- That is it, you have successfully rooted your Realme 3 Pro.
If you have any doubt or query, then do not hesitate to drop them in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible to fix your issue.