Knockr Android app which is launched by a senior XDA developer helps to perform gestures when screen is off as like of HTC Motion launch in HTC One M8. In actual developer got the idea of this app from the comparison videos of the HTC One M8 and Galaxy S5. This app uses minimal battery power while running and is now available for download via source link below.
In detail let’s understand What is HTC Motion Launch?
In actual its a cool new feature to interact with the new HTC One (M8) handset without actually turning the display on. In other words when the One (M8)’s screen is off, the user can wake the device up with a simple double tap, navigate to a certain app with a swipe, or launch the camera with the aid of the volume buttons. Here are few features that can be performed:
- Picking up the phone in portrait orientation and tapping twice on the display will turn the screen on.
- Swiping from left to right will turn the screen on and go open BlinkFeed.
- Swiping from right to left will open the main home screen.
- Swiping from the bottom up will open whatever screen the phone was on when it went to sleep.
- Swiping the top down will open voice dialing.
- Picking up the phone in landscape orientation and pressing the volume button will open the camera app.
- Picking up the phone while it’s ringing and putting it to the side of your head will answer the call.
Now coming onto the Knockr app – It helps to perform similar function on devices having OLED display. You can define new gestures despite this default gestures including double tapping the screen, swiping in a particular direction (up, down, left or right), long pressing the screen, and pressing the volume up key.
There might be some issues as currently the app is in beta mode. So if you have met with any issue with the app then report it to the developer for bug free version.
Download: Play Store