Going by its weekly update routine, Xiaomi has initiated the roll-out of the latest MIUI10 Global beta 8.8.23 to the eligible 24 devices. Ever since the MIUI 10 Global beta program came into existence, the Chinese firm is in a quest to perfect its major reworked custom skin. Just like how all the new beta updates are usually be, the latest build has plugged many bugs and optimized the overall system.
Worth mentioning here regarding the update is, the fix for the Dual Apps issue. If you’re a beta tester, you might be annoyed with Dual Apps bug which was camouflaged since the Global Beta version 8.8.9. Finally, with the update on-board you won’t be having any issue with the Dual Apps on your Mi device. Apart from this fix, there are lot more that you can read below in the changelog.
Timeline MIUI 10 Global Beta: Xiaomi's upcoming MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.8.16 changelog appears online Download Latest MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.8.2 ROM and changelog [ROM Downloads] Latest MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.7.26 for 21 Xiaomi devices
MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.8.23 Full Changelog
- Fix – Wrong status of screen recorder toggle
- Fix – Texts translate error in Quick ball（Redmi Note 5）
- Fix – Video is not playing in full screen (Redmi Note 5 Pro)
- Fix – Other country cities displays wrong timezone in clock app（All Devices）
- Fix – Settings FC when click “Assist and Voice input ” option in settings menu. (Mi MIX 2)( Android P)
- Fix – It displays broken notification of the player in Apple Music app (All Devices)
- Fix – Overlapping text on notification in Telegram (All Devices)
- Fix – Dual Apps are not working (All Devices)
- Fix – No push in floating notifications when using third party apps ( Mi 8)
- Fix – Full screen option isn’t available in mi video player (All Devices)
Download MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.8.23 ROM
The update by now should’ve reached the beta testers over-the-air. However, those who need the fastboot or OTA zip file of the latest Global beta, that too can be downloaded from the Mi server. Here, for your easiness, we’ve mirrored the links for the ROM of the all beta supported Mi devices.
|Redmi Note 3 SD||Download||Download|
|Redmi Note 3 Special Edition||Download||Download|
|Mi Max 32G||Download||Download|
|Mi Max 64G/128G||Download||Download|
|Mi 5s Plus||Download||Download|
|Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X||Download||Download|
|Mi Max 2||Download||Download|
|Redmi Note 5A/Redmi Y1 Lite||Download||Download|
|Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1||Download||Download|
|Redmi 5 Plus||Download||Download|
|Mi MIX 2||Download||Download|
|Redmi Note 5/Redmi Note 5 Pro||Download||Download|
|Mi Note 2||Download||Download|
It goes without saying that, if you’re coming from a stable MIUI build, then use the fastboot mode of upgrading to MIUI 10 Global beta. While the recovery file can be used to flash over the previous beta builds. However, for some devices such as Redmi 5, Redmi Note 5 and so on, Xiaomi has just recently simplified the process in switching to Global beta from the stable without fastbooting. More info regarding the upgradation without fastboot can be found here.