Lineage OS, as a part of their biweekly review has released a changelog of the recent improvements that turned up Lineage OS in the past couple of weeks. As a part of the update, Lineage OS Jelly browser has been notably improved with added features. Other than Jelly browser, the update brings additional overall enhancements.
In an effort to upgrade Jelly Browser, Lineage OS has incorporated below features.
- All downloads on the Jelly browser now trigger a notification and new files are now automatically scanned after your download gets completed
- Do not track option can now be enabled using the updated browser
- Form data, for example, your usernames and passwords for several websites get saved by default
- You are now able to create a new shortcut to directly open an Incognito tab. Further, the links opened in Incognito mode will open in Incognito tabs
- The Jelly browser now supports search suggestions which include Baidu, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Google and Yahoo. While DuckDuckGo is selected by default, you always have an option to change it to Baidu, Bing, Google, Yahoo, or None
- Safe Browsing can now be enabled that protects you from unsafe web resources
- You can now open the links in external apps, for example, if you open a YouTube link, it now gets opened in the YouTube app
While the Jelly browser improvements constitute a sizable part of the update, the other improvements include below.
- The sensitive numbers list has now been expanded:
- Brazil, France, Portugal, and the UK have new numbers included
- Sensitive numbers for Greece, Taiwan, and Ukraine have been added
- Country detection for the Czech Republic has been fixed
- ‘Long press power button for torch’ gets a timeout option. The timeout can be set by heading to Settings > Buttons > Automatically turn torch off
- Media codecs have now been updated
- A longstanding issue affecting tap-to-pay on several devices has been fixed
- The clock app can now set a system profile when an alarm triggers
- The Battery Saver QS tile has been removed, as this functionality is already available in the main Battery QS tile
- The Location QS tile can now be toggled without fully expanding the status bar
- Custom tiles have now been integrated into the framework to allow for deeper integration with the system, and mimic behavior from older versions
- In the next few weeks, keep an eye out for new titles being forward ported
- The updater app now prevents major version upgrades (e.g. 13.0 to 14.1) from being automatically installed, in order to prevent the situation where the user doesn’t notice the change and ends up with incompatible add-ons
Besides the added functionalities as listed, a couple of new devices have been added to the LineageOS 14.1 build support list which include:
- Nvidia Shield Android TV – foster
- Nvidia Shield Tablet – shield tablet
- Promoted from 13.0
Further, the below devices have been re-added to the Lineage OS 14.1 build support list.
- LG G5 (T-Mobile – h830 and International – h850)
- LG V20 (T-Mobile – h918 and GSM Unlocked – us996)
- LG G Pad X (T-Mobile) – v521
- ZUK Z1 – ham
However, the below devices have now been suspended from the Lineage OS 14.1 build support list.
- LG L90 – w7
- Motorola Moto G4 – athene
Follow Us on our Channels: