Lookout’s Plan B is the app you turn to for stolen phones that don’t have tracking software or remote location capability. Simply put, it lets you add it after the phone is stolen. Using the ability to install apps remotely from the Android Market, Plan B starts working the second installation completes.
Here’s a step-by-step to walk you through the process.
- Install Plan B from the Android Market website to the phone that you are trying to find. (You must download it from the web version of the Android Market, not the app market on your phone.)
- As soon as it downloads, Plan B will send an email to your Google Gmail account telling you it’s locating your phone.
- Once Plan B has located your phone, check your Gmail again to find a link to a Google Map of where your phone is located. Plan B will send you a series of emails with refined location updates every few minutes.
- If your phone seems to be on the move, and you aren’t able to find your phone within ten minutes of downloading Plan B, you can text the word “locate” to your phone from a friend’s phone to start the locate process again.
- We recommend that after you’ve found your lost phone, to download full protection from Lookout Mobile Security!