Google is starting a preview program for Google Home users who want to stay on the edge. The Preview Program will allow users to get new features earlier than other users. Although keep in mind, this will not be a beta enrollment. Subscribers will get stable production-ready features that will work perfectly. They will just get them earlier.
The instructions to sign up are given below although AndroidPolice states that the program is already full. The instructions appeared on Google’s help pages and they also disclose “If you don’t see [the] Preview Program, we aren’t accepting new members at this time.” But if you do want to try your luck, go through the following steps.
- From your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app
- In the upper right corner of the home screen, tap Devices
to see your available Chromecast and Google Home devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the device you’d like to enroll in the Preview Program.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu
- Tap Settings > Preview Program. If you don’t see Preview Program, we aren’t accepting new members at this time. Please continue to check back as opportunities become available.
- Choose whether to receive email notifications by moving the slider to the right or left. Note: We recommend allowing email notifications so you’ll know when new updates are pushed to your device.
- If you opt-in to email notifications, you’ll be asked to sign into your Google account if you haven’t already.
- Review the contents of that page, and tap Join Program.
- Review the contents of the page, then tap OK, GOT IT.