The time has finally arrived for the OnePlus 5/5T users to have the taste of latest Android Pie on their devices. Much to the excitement, latest OxygenOS Open Beta 22/20 for OnePlus 5/5T are out to the wild bringing the major OS upgrade to Android Pie. And, another slew of improvements with added features as slated in the changelog.
OnePlus updates usually is a feast for the eyes with their detailed, long changelog. The latest OpenBeta for the OnePlus 5/5T too come with a long list of changes as you can see below.
- System Updated – System to Android™ 9.0 Pie™, Brand new UI for Android Pie, Brand new navigation gestures (this is only for 5T), Updated Android security patch to 2018.11, Optimizations for background app process handling
- Do Not Disturb mode – New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- Communication – UI Improvements for emergency rescue, Optimized UI for speed dial and calling interface, Now able to assign a specific SIM for a specific contact or group of contacts when using dual SIM.
- Parallel Apps – Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel apps
- Weather – Now able to switch dynamically to your current location, Display more suggestions when the search function is used, Fixed an issue that prevented the app from refreshing when the location is changed, Fixed an issue that resulted in some users being unable to find certain locations.
- Read More: OnePlus 5 and 5T starts receiving Android 9.0 Beta in China
If you’re already on previous beta builds, you should’ve received the update notification by now. For those who’re on stable channel need to flash the full open beta firmware for their respective device in order to have the Android Pie beta. Or else, wait for the Android Pie to arrive on the stable channel. And, we hope it won’t be taking not so long.