Oppo has been quite active in the recent past pushing timely updates to all eligible devices. The company has now started rolling out a new software update with July security patch to Oppo A5 2020 and A9 2020. Both smartphones were launched in 2019 and presently run on Android 10-based ColorOS 7. The update is being pushed in some Asian countries and comes with firmware version CPH1933EX_11_C.68 / CPH1931EX_11_C.68 for Oppo A5 2020 and CPH1937EX_11_C.68 for A9 2020 respectively. The latest update weighs approx. 694MB in size and focuses on bug fixes along with optimizing system performance.
The official changelog reads:
- Added the July 2020 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Improved system performance and stability.
- Fixed an issue where no notifications were displayed for calls from the Line app.
- Fixed an issue where the functions of “Game Space” would not restore to default settings after it was reinstalled.
- Fixed an issue where the in-ear monitoring would occasionally not work.
- Optimized the effects of the flashlight when using the front camera.
- Fixed an issue where filters would sometimes not work in Portrait mode.
The update will be rolled out in several phases and may take quite some time to reach all A5 and A9 2020 users. You should receive a system notification, if not already, stating that the update is available for download and install. You may always check for the update manually by navigating to Settings > Software Update > Update to the Latest Version.
In the meantime, if you already received the update, do let us know the changes and improvements you noticed on your Oppo device.