Going by its tradition, OnePlus has been quick in rolling-out the latest Android 10 update for at least one of its recent devices. The OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro received the OxygenOS 10 update early this month which is worth appreciation. Now, the Chinese company is extending the latest OS to its other most eligible candidates, which is nothing but the OnePlus 6 Series.
The very first Open Beta build based on Android 10 for the OnePlus 6 Series is live with all of its goodies. OnePlus 6/6T users registered under beta program would receive the update Over-the-Air. Needless to say, the update comes with substantial changes to the system and other UI enhancements. As per the changelog, OnePlus 6/6T users can look forward to the following changes.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings
OnePlus has thrown in a dedicated game section known as Game Space where all the installed games are organized and can be managed easily. Moreover, with the OxygenOS 10 you get a slightly tweaked Ambient Display, improved Message app with option to block spam, and much more for overall better OxygenOS experience.
As it’s obvious, the first beta isn’t stable enough to be a daily driver. Upgrade to the Android 10 beta 1 only if you can stand stutters and app crashes every now and then. Well, there is always an option to rollback if you ain’t tolerate though.
That being said, do let us know in the comments on your experience with the OxygenOS 10 beta on your OnePlus 6/6T. We’d love to see you over there.