Oneplus 3 and OnePlus 3T are now receiving new updates under OpenBeta Channel. The latest OxygenOS Open Beta 38 for the former and Open Beta 29 for the latter, notably, board the latest SMR dated, 1st June 2018. The official changelog of the updates for both of them goes as follows:
- Updated Android security patch to June 2018.
- General bug fixes and improved data transfer stability.
Apart from the latest security patch, the updates do cater some general bug fixes and improved data transfer stability as per the changelog. Users, those who have installed the latest beta are happy with the build as they haven’t encountered any sort of major bugs so far. Moreover, most of the folks over at OnePlus forum have a notion that this might be a final beta prior to the OxygenOS based on Android Oreo 8.1 update for the devices. However, that may or may not be the case as there is no official word regarding when the Android Oreo 8.1 beta testing will begin for the OnePlus 3 and its tacked up edition.
That said, OnePlus 3/3T users currently on beta builds should have, by this time, received an update notification to install the update. If not, either you can wait for some more time for the update notification to pop-up on your device or manually download and flash the OTA zip.
- If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta) you will receive this new build as an OTA.
- If you ARE NOT running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM.
- Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
- Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache)