April 2017, Xiaomi has launched their new flagship device that is Xiaomi Mi 6 in Beijing. It is available in Ceramic Black, Black, Blue and White colour variant. The Xiaomi Mi 6 has priced differently for its different variants:
- 64GB of storage: 2499 yuan (about $360)
- 128GB model: 2899 yuan ($420)
- 128GB of storage with a ceramic back panel: 2999 yuan ($435).
Display and Design
The Xiaomi Mi 6 comes with the 5.15 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display. It has a display resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with a pixel density of 428 ppi. It measures 145.2 x 70.5 x 7.5 mm (5.72 x 2.78 x 0.30 in) and have a weight of 168 g / 182 g (Ceramic) (6.42 oz). The glass is Splash resistant which is superb for display for the protection.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Mi 6 runs on the Android OS, v7.1.1 (Nougat) based on the MIUI 8.0. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset and Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) processor.It has a sport of Adreno 540 GPU. The phone has 6 GB of RAM with 64/128 GB of internal memory.
Camera and Battery
The Xiaomi Mi 6 packs a Dual 12 MP primary camera and 8 MP of secondary camera for the front selfies. The primary camera is capable of 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps video recording. It include 1/2.9″ sensor size, 1.25 µm @ 27mm & 1.0 µm @ 52mm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash.
Battery and Sensors
The smartphone is beefy with Li-Po 3350 mAh capacity with the Non-removable battery. It has a feature of Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0). Sensors on the phone includes:
- Fingerprint sensor (front-mounted),
- Accelerometer sensor,
- Gyro sensor,
- Proximity sensor,
- Compass sensor, and
- Barometer sensor.
Some connectivity options includes:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth- v5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB- Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 8 renders shows dual camera and fingerprint scanner aligned horizontally - June 28, 2017
- Honor 9 lands in the European market - June 27, 2017
- BlackBerry KEYone arrives in Austria available from Carrier A1 - June 17, 2017
- Google Assistant Going to Add Shopping Option As Like Amazon’s Alexa - February 16, 2017
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Benchmark Score Improves - February 7, 2017