June 2017, The ZTE launched its new smartphone that is ZTE Nubia Z17 mini. It has come in the Elegant Black, Gold Black, Champagne Gold, and Red colours variant. It has a price tag of Rs. 19,999.
Display and Design
The ZTE Nubia Z17 mini comes with the 5.2 inches LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display. It has a display resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with the pixel density of 424 ppi. The dimensions measures at 146.7 x 72.5 x 7.5 mm (5.78 x 2.85 x 0.30 in) with a weight of 155 g (5.47 oz). The display will be protected with Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
Hardware and Software
The ZTE Nubia Z17 mini runs on the nubia UI 4.0 user interface based on the Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) operating system. It has 2 variants that are:
- Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652 – Standard Edition chipset and Octa-core (4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53) processor.
- Qualcomm MSM8976 Pro Snapdragon 653 – High Edition chipset and Octa-core (4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4×1.4 GHz Cortex-A53) processor.
The smartphone has a spot of Adreno 510 GPU. It has 4 GB RAM- Standard Edition/6 GB RAM- High Edition RAM. It packs 64 GB of internal storage that can be expandable up to 256 GB via MicroSD card.
Camera and Battery
As far ass a camera are concerned, it packs Dual 13 Megapixel primary camera and 16 Megapixel secondary camera for shooter selfies and video chats. The primary camera is capable of 2160p@30fps video recording. It includes Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, phase detection autofocus, and dual-LED flash. The powerhouse of the phone consists of Li-Po 2950 mAh capacity with the Non-removable battery. It has a feature of Fast battery charging which is quite superb.
Sensors and Connectivity
The sensor on the phone have included:
- Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted),
- Accelerometer sensor,
- Gyroscope sensor,
- Proximity sensor, and
- Compass sensor.
Connectivity options include:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot,
- Bluetooth- 4.1, A2DP, LE,
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS,
- FM radio,
- USB- Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go