Realme has been on top pushing monthly security updates to their devices lately. The company has now started rolling out the July security update to Realme 3 and 3i side by side. It is to note that this particular update brings in several major improvements to both devices alongside July 2020 security patch. This latest update upgrades the firmware version to RMX1825EX_11_C.14 for Realme 3 and RMX1827EX_11_C.14 for Realme 3i respectively. The update is quite sizeable and weighs around 350MB in size due to a lot of fixes and improvements it brings to the table.
The official changelog lists all the changes/improvements as specified below:
- Updated Android Security Patch: July 2020
- Optimized flight mode, Bluetooth status will not be affected after flight mode is turned on
- Fixed the probabilistic fingerprint unlock failure issue while screen-off
- Fixed the assistive ball fail to retract issue after clicking the menu
- Fixed the probabilistic crash issue when press and hold in the smart sidebar
- Fixed the game assistant failure issue
If you own a Realme 3 or 3i, you should get rid of the most prevalent issues after installing this update. The update is being sent over-the-air in batches and will soon be available to all users. You may wait for the update notification to arrive or navigate to Settings > Software Update to manually download and install (if the update is available).
In the meantime, if you got hold of this update already, do let us know if you have observed performance improvement and the issues (as listed above) have been resolved.