Poco F1 is one of the most popular smartphones among the custom ROM community. To install a custom ROM, one has to unlock the bootloader of the phone initially followed by the installation of custom recovery. If you are one of those custom ROM users and have decided to sell your Poco F1, it’s better to relock the bootloader. Therefore in this article, we will guide you step by step on how to relock the bootloader of Poco F1.
The Poco F1 was Xiaomi’s answer to OnePlus 6 last year. It is a feature-packed budget flagship like OnePlus used to a few years ago. Though it competed against OnePlus, it did have some shortcomings such as an LCD display and plastic body to keep the price down. Poco F1 is still a highly recommended budget flagship unless you want to wait a month or so for its rumoured successor – Poco F2.
Getting back to the topic, let us go through the steps on how to relock the bootloader of Poco F1. Do note that we are not responsible if anything goes wrong, thus make sure to follow the instructions properly.
How to relock the bootloader of Poco F1
- Of course, your Poco F1
- Windows PC / Laptop
- Poco F1 Drivers
- USB cable
- Mi Flash Tool
- Global Stable ROM
Before proceeding, we would recommend you to backup all your data from the phone as it will get erased during the process.
Getting your Windows PC / Laptop ready
- Download the Poco F1 drivers from this link and install it on your Windows machine.
- Also, download the Mi Flash Tool from here to install on your PC / laptop.
- Last but not least, download the latest available MIUI Global Stable ROM from here and extract it on your machine.
Steps to relock the bootloader of Poco F1
- Switch off your Poco F1 and boot into fastboot mode by pressing the power and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Connect your Poco F1 to your PC / Laptop via the USB cable.
- Open Mi Flash Tool and select the parent folder of the extracted MIUI Global Stable file.
- Click on refresh to get your Poco F1 detected by the Mi Flash tool.
- At the bottom of the tool, select clean all and lock.
- Then, click on the flash option located at the top right corner to flash the latest MIUI Global Stable ROM on your Poco F1 while relocking the bootloader.
Once the flashing process gets completed, your Poco F1 will automatically reboot to system. It might take more time to boot, therefore do not panic. In case you want to unlock the bootloader once again, then do follow our guide on the same.
If you have any doubts or queries regarding relocking the bootloader of Poco F1, then feel free to drop them in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.