Samsung Galaxy J7(2017) smartphone was launched in June 2017. It packs a 5.50-inch touchscreen display having 1080 pixels by 1920 pixel of resolution phone has decent looks. It comes with 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 processor and 3GB of RAM. The phone has same 16GB of storage as that of Galaxy J7 (2016). This 2016 devices is now looking for update but official update is not yet available. So, you can check the best custom roms for Galaxy J7 2016. In order to install those, you need to follow this guide to root Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 and unlocking bootloader.
The cameras here are, 13-megapixel rear facing camera and a 13-megapixel front camera for selfies. It runs Android 7.0 and is powered by a 3600 mAh non removable battery. It has a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) configuration.
Unlock Bootloader of Galaxy J7 2016
- Firstly you need to install the basic of Android development tool kit tools so that you can detect your phone on your pc in fastboot or any other mod. (it can be a full package or just the platform tools). Download
- Secondly you need Modaco Superboot that you have to extract in your pc for further uses. Download
- Then you have to give access rights for usb debugging option that is contained by Developer Options in your Samsung Galaxy J7
Steps for unlocking Developer option in your device:
- Firstly, go to Setting
- Then go to about phone
- Now go to build number
- Then tap on it for 7 times to unlock the Developer option mode
Now you have to Open Command window from your folder where you have kept Modaco Superboot and in that same folder keep the platform tools and by right clicking in that folder while pressing shift key in windows 7 and above open command window there but your device should be connected before attempting this process.
Now you have input the following commands in order:
- ->adb-windows reboot bootloader
After this command your phone will restart and wait for it to restart.
- ->fastboot-windows oemunlcock
This command will unclock your bootloader.
- ->fastboot reboot
This command will again reboot your device with bootloader unlocked.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 2016
- Backup of all your files and documents should be made in case things go wrong.
- Allow installation of apps from unknown sources (Settings-Security-Unknown Sources)
- Battery of the device should always be above 50% while doing these types of tasks.
- Download the recovery for your Samsung J7 link given below this recovery will override your default Samsung recovery which allows Samsung to flash new updates to your device so in case you need to update your device you should re-download the default recovery and flash it as given below, link for the recovery is specified: Download
- Second thing to download the app that will give you full access of your device that is supersu this in the app supported by android devices to give you root access, link provided below. Download
- Now you need to connect your device and enter the same folder as before in bootloader unlocking and enter the following commands after opening cmd at that folder as explained before and enter the following commands:
->adb-windows reboot bootloader
->fastbootdevices(this will show your current connected device in fastboot mode)
->fastboot flash recovery twrp.img(You have to put the recovery in the same folder as above and rename it as twrp)
- This will override your default recovery and new recovery i.etwrp is installed in which you can flash various new updates roms and softwares.
- Now your device will restart, now you have to copy supersu into your main directory and shutdown your deivce.
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time this will put your device into recovery mode.
- You have to go into flash and select supersu from where you have put it and flash it by selecting it and sliding towards left to right this will flash supersu in your device and your device will get root access now restart your device into normal boot up mode from the options in recovery.
- Now install root checker and check your root access this will return root access granted.
This is our guide to root Samsung Galaxy J7 2016. Follow the steps and let us know whether you were able to root your device successfully or not. Comment below for further queries.