Realme has become a popular OEM, thanks to the recent smartphones launched at a competitive price. The Oppo’s Sub-brand is making Redmi struggle in the Mid-Range smartphone market. Realme XT recently secured root access through the hard work of the third-party developers. The user can root Realme XT after unlocking its bootloader.
There are various advantages of rooting Android devices. It gives users more opportunities to tweak and customize the smartphone. Rooting open doors for flashing custom MODs, ROMs, and other system-based tweaks.
Merits of using Rooted Device
- Taking full backup and recovery with few taps.
- Ability to install custom ROM, Kernel and Recovery.
- Removing Bloatware from Realme XT.
Demerits of Rooting
- OTA update won’t surface once your phone becomes rooted.
- Payment apps like Google Pay and others may not work.
- Widevine L1 will work instead of Widewive L3.
Realme XT Specifications
Realme XT comes with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED full HD+ display having 1080 x 2340 pixels with 403 PPI pixel density. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 chipset featuring an octa-core processor and Adreno 616 GPU.
In Optics, there’s a 64-megapixel primary camera, an 8-megapixel ultrawide, a 2-megapixel dedicated macro lens and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. On the front, there’s a single 16-megapixel camera for selfies and video calling.
In connectivity, Realme XT features a Wifi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Radio, and USB 2.0. To interact with the outer environment, the smartphone features a Fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, and compass. There’s a Non-Removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery featuring VOOC flash Charge 3.0. It measures 158.7 x 75.2 x 8.6 mm in size and weighs over 183 grams.
Guide to Root Realme XT
The user must unlock the bootloader of Realme XT prior to rooting the smartphone.
Below are the instructions to successfully root Realme XT. Follow each instruction carefully as any carelessness may cause damage to the device or data.
Note: GoAndroid.co.in is not responsible for any damage to data or device while performing the Realme XT Root process.
- Download and extract the ADB Fastboot tools in a folder on your PC.
- Backup all your important data on any external media.
- Keep your phone charged above 70% for flawless installation.
- Make sure that the Realme XT Bootloader is unlocked.
- Download Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager APK.
Steps to Root Realme XT
- Download the latest stock firmware on your Realme XT smartphone and extract it.
- Copy the boot.img by extracting the stock firmware to your phone.
- Now, Install Magisk Manager App and open it.
- Open Magisk Manager and then click install.
- Select the method to choose ‘Select and Patch a file’.
- Browse and locate the boot.img for patching. The output will save the magisk_patched.img in the Download folder.
- Now, copy the magisk_patched file to extracted ADB and Fastboot folder on your pc.
- Rename the magisk_patched.img file to boot.img.
- Reboot into bootloader mode and connect your phone via a USB cable to the computer.
- On PC, open your ADB and Fastboot folder and press Shift + Right-click to open “Command Prompt’ or ‘PowerShell Windows’.
- Execute the following commands to root Realme XT:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Type the following command to reboot the device.
- It will take some time before booting for the first time. Open Magisk and follow the steps as prompted.
These are some steps to successfully root Realme XT without any issue. Still, if any problem arises, then do let us know via the comments below.