Entry-level Smartphones are budget-friendly devices that are often toned down versions of flagship Smartphones. These kinds of devices address the needs of financially-restricted enterprises that require business communication devices that do not unnecessarily break their banks.
During these times, it is important that businesses have gadgets and equipment that can maximize their productivity and efficiency. For small and mid-sized businesses, affordable Smartphones help them pull through. These devices can serve as a budget-friendly mobile platform where you can launch features likes RingCentral PBX or any other office-based business communication system. They can also serve as a technological hub wherein they can rally various apps that serves various purposes concerning business, health, and leisure among others.
There are a number of budget smart phones that you can choose from. Even top Smartphone firms manufacture entry-level handsets in order to cater to all price points thus maximizing and expanding their markets. One of the famous Smartphone companies that releases their own line of entry-level Smartphones is the Korean firm Samsung Electronics.
Zooming in on the specifications of this device
The Samsung Galaxy Amp, obviously, cannot compete with other high-end Smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy S4 or even the Galaxy S3. But this does not mean that it is particularly midrange when it comes to performance. In order to know more about this device, the salient specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Amp are given below:
- As an entry-level handheld device, the Samsung Galaxy Amp can be purchase at a mere $129.99 off contract. This represents a great bargain for small to mid-sized businesses.
- While the design of this device leaves much to be desired, it is not particularly ugly. It boasts of a finely textured black back cover that is lacking in most Smartphones of similar plastic construction. In addition it has highly rounded corners and oblong Home screen button.
- This device is comfortable to hold, measuring 4.8” in height, 2.5” in width and 0.43” in thickness. It is also light at just 4.4 ounces. The handset feels compact and easy to carry without uncomfortable heft.
- When it comes to display specifications, the Samsung Galaxy Amp features a 4” AMOLED display. Its 800 x 580p resolution screen has a pixel density of 233ppi, which is paltry when set against current standards. While this might be the case, the display still offers bright and vivid colors and fine details.
- The Samsung Galaxy Amp runs on a dated Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. This is completely skinned with the TouchWiz user interface by Samsung. While there is not as much features as compared with Samsung’ high-end Smartphones the Galaxy Amp still has a number of useful features under its belt. For example, it has an Easy Mode, allows customization of the lock screen, and two gesture controls. There is also access to Google Now.
- This device is fitted with an excellent 5MP rear-facing camera that takes images that have rich colors, though there might be cases of oversaturation. Meanwhile, the front-facing VGA camera is less than spectacular, producing grainy and blurred photos.
- The Samsung Galaxy Amp comes with 4GB of internal memory, of which only 1GB can be used by consumers. Good thing that it has a MicroSD card slot that can take up to 32GB of additional storage capacity.
- The call quality of this device is spectacular, with voices sufficiently clear and without background noises. The speakerphone also performs well generally speaking.
- The Galaxy Amp is fitted with 1GHz dual-core processor, which is a little slow by today’s standards.
Should you buy this device?
If you are looking for a well-performing yet affordable phone, then the Samsung Galaxy Amp is a good choice. Your company will benefit from the many features and functions it provides.