As we already had covered some stories on Galaxy Gear smartwatch with some leaked specs but today we are concluding those with new inputs from sources. Its reported that Samsung is going to launch SmartWatch along with Note 3 at IFA event on September 4th.
Let’s now talk about Galaxy GEAR smartwatch which is rumored to be packed with Dual Core processor with 1 GB of RAM on Board.
Galaxy Gear Hardware
Starting with new story we just received is that, Samsung is planning to offer many variations of the Smartwatch which will include many different designs of the watch. Its also said that Squarish design of watch will lead the crate. Coming to Display which is said to “show the full spectrum of colors” and will measure 3 inches (case and display), with the OLED screen taking 2.5-inch of that.
As said above its suggested to be powered with Dual core processor with decent battery life. Other specs of galaxy GEAR are as follows:
- Samsung Exynos 4212 dual core 1.5GHz
- Mali-400 MP4 GPU
- 320 x 320 resolution display
Gear smartwatch is said to be marketed as a companion for Galaxy smartphones connecting over Bluetooth 4.0. What? Also its coming with Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC chip connectivity to sync and authenticate with other devices. The leaked specifications also claim that the smart watch may include a 2-megapixel camera.
Galaxy Gear Software
Software wise Galaxy Gear will be packed with Android 4.1 (may be Android 4.2 Jelly Bean). But Samsung will also put up some sort of its own design over the Android powered Smartwatch. Even you would not be allowed to download apps from Play Store. There will be special store for Galaxy Gear Watches.
As according to folks over GigaOm there will be:
- Battery optimizations: the Galaxy Gear will use the accelerometer to detect movement and turn on when “it is moved up to the eye.”
- Notifications: stopping at a certain notification (an email blurb for example), and then picking up the phone initiates an action on the handset, with that email blurb opening up on the phone
- Twitter and Facebook integration
- Health and fitness: the device packs “enough sensors that it can start to compete with wearable computing devices such as the Nike Fuelband,” the publication writes, suggesting that some of Samsung’s health-related (S-Health) apps may be found on board of the Galaxy Gear
Share your views via comments below.
Follow Us on our Channels: